Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

'96 BOSE stereo sub-woofer

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '96 BOSE stereo sub-woofer

I have a '96 Camaro with a stock BOSE stereo in it. I had a custom stereo system in the car but decided to return it to stock. Sometime the BOSE subwoofer got lost or thrown out and I have been trying to replace since. I have bought two subs and both have been wrong one was out of a '95 and the amount of wires in the connectors were different from my car. The second was from the same year car a '96 and didn't have the same amount of plugs! My car has two connectors one for power and ground and the other for speaker wires. The sub I bought has only one connector and the wire colors are not even close! How many different systems came stock and how can I make sure which system I have so I can find the right sub? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

me personally after installing systems for a few years professionally i would avoid the bose systems at all cost. they seem to be overly complex in the great scheme of things. find a replacement sub and wire your own amp hidden somewhere for it and be done. you could get a line level adapter to give your amp signal from your factory radio and just try to find a combo that works well.

Quick Reply: '96 BOSE stereo sub-woofer