Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

HElp :/ 99 Z28 install

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HElp :/ 99 Z28 install

Hey
just got the camaro and wanted to clean up the appearance so i picked up some clear corner lights . is there a write up on how to change them??

i changed my firebird np it was easy, The camaro looks like it has more wires and stuff in the way basically is there an easy way?? and what bulb numbers are they for the front and back side markers??
Old 10-03-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a writeup that I found- no pictures. I am not sure what bulbs you need. I need to replace my also after I replace the lens.

1. Remove the five black plastic pins in picture C1, this will allow you to pull the fascia forward ( helps with the removal of the head light assembly ).

2. I used duct tape to protect the fender and fascia from getting scratched, picture C2 shows the headlight already out but you can get the idea of the masking.

3. Remove the 10mm bolt from the rear of the headlight assembly, picture C3, this is the only bolt you need to remove the headlight. You can now remove the headlight bulbs ( do not touch the bulbs with your fingers ), I just twist them out but if you want you can unplug the harness from the bulb assembly then remove the headlight assembly.

4. Picture C4 shows the two tabs on the rear of the headlight, you slide the headlight assembly towards the center of the car when removing. When you re-install the headlight assembly make sure the tabs slide together the same way as when you removed it.

5. Picture C5 already had the headlight assembly out but you get the idea about pulling the fasica out to help with the headlight removal, if you can have a friend pull the fascia out while you remove the headlight that would be great.

6. Picture C6 shows the three 7mm ( I think ) screws that hold the corner lense in place, twist out the bulb sockets and remove the three screws and lift the amber lense out. Sometimes you will have wiggle it out but it will come out. When re-installing the bulb sockets make sure the foam gasket is still on the bulb socket.

Now just re-install everything and you should be good to go, good luck.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks i m just going to buy new headlights and do everything at once now

Quick Reply: HElp :/ 99 Z28 install