Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

SPRING SHOPPING LIST.... opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SPRING SHOPPING LIST.... opinions needed

hi all, i bought my loudmouth catback from ws6 store and was very pleased with working with them...

since the car is in storage right now, planning ahead for spring when i get it out... the shopping list is as follows with questions associated with each part..

*SLP bowtie grill (anywhere i can buy one cheaper than $200+?)
*SLP intake lid (pretty set on buying this)
*"MAC racing filter" (is this a quality item? its outragously cheap compared to the K & N equiv?)
*Rotoworks rotors... (Drilled, Slotted, or drilled and slotted.. which is best?)
*Hawk ceramic performance brake pads (good brake pads? anyone use them?)
*SLP bilstein shocks...(theres the HD Bilstein shock package, and then the SLP bilstein package... which is better? do any of you use these?)

lastly... not from ws6 store.. but was looking to purchase 1.2" strano performance springs... (anyone use these..? seems like everyone wants these.. haha)

i am open to ideas.. so please voice your opinions..

to better help explain my situation.. i dont plan on taking it to a racetrack on a regular basis.. i just want a sporty aftermarket alternative compared to OEM parts... its even cheaper in some instances atleast

anyway thanks in advance
Old 11-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

I like the SLP bowtie grill. I still want one but the price is crazy. Im actually taking one of the grills i have for sale and sanding the texture out of it then painting it gloss black, you may wanna try something similar.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

nah i'm set on getting the SLP... its a matter of if anyone is selling one they dont want or know of a place i can purchase one for cheap??

any thoughts on the other parts... my major concern is the rotors and shocks.. anyone use these?