Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

brag: I got a 98 Camaro Z28!

Old 03-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brag: I got a 98 Camaro Z28!

I've lurked this forum off and on for maybe close to a year, and I got my car maybe 6 months ago, was reading some threads here today and decided to create an account and start this thread.

Last January I started looking for a car. Originally I was looking for one of those boring little economical import cars. Just something to get to and from work with that got good gas mileage. Well, I looked at a few and came close to buying one from a sleazy little car lot, but they didn't come down on the price (thank gawd). Anyway, I've loved muscle cars my entire life, and have wanted an LS1 Camaro ever since they came out. I started watching more and more Camaro and Trans am vids on youtube, and reading threads here on LS1tech, and I came to my senses and realized I had the opportunity to get the car of my dreams.

Throughout the year, I looked at so many freaking cars. Always doing a carfax, always getting them checked out by a mechanic, doing everything possible to not get ripped off or get a clunker that wouldn't last. After almost a year of looking for a car (I probably looked at 20 or more), I found mine.

98 Camaro Z28, single owner, 136k miles, all stock and original, great condition, gold with black hard top, neutral leather, 12 disc factory cd changer. No rust anywhere, no mechanical problems, no leaks, only thing it needed was new shocks and struts and maybe some new plugs and wires.

Owner wanted 6k, got it for $5500.

I don't have a camera, so the craigslist pics will have to suffice.

I was trying to find a M6, but was on a pretty tight budget, 6k is the max I could go really and they are hard to come by, and now that I actually have an LS1 Camaro I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever, even if it is an automatic. I wouldn't trade it for the world, love the **** out of it, and am determined as hell to take care of it and keep it nice.

I'm not going to make a race car out of it, it's a daily driver. It's the car of my dreams and I'm one happy son of a bitch to have it. I'm a very lucky person.

ty for doing your part LS1 tech in showing me the light. I'm SOOOO glad I didn't get one of those pathetic little imports. I really would have regretted it.

I don't plan on doing much to the car. Some standard bolt ons maybe. Headers and exhaust, air lid etc. First thing I need to do is get new shocks and struts, I'll worry about other things later.

I do have a question. I read on this forum I believe that only like 350 gold Z28s were made in 98, I'm curious exactly how many had neutral leather, hard top, and factory 12 disc cd changer?

Thank you.

Last edited by LirvA; 03-31-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats! I bought my 98 Z back in May of 2009. Trust me, you're going to want to mod it eventually.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I do want to, just nothing major. As said, it's just a daily driver. Don't intend on racing it at all. I drive it easy ... sure sure, I get on it here and there, but overall I'm pretty easy on it.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Congrats, I bought my first LS1 in May of 2008. Needless to say, I bought it stock with a blown engine, And now it's a fully built Street/Strip car. lol
Once you mod it, Give it up! You'll be addicted. Trust Me! hahaha

I'm a special kinda druggy!
My choice of drug's are "Adrenaline, Speed, & F-Body's."
Old 03-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

GM really hit a home run with those generation 3 engines. They're such beasts!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: brag: I got a 98 Camaro Z28!