Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

exhaust tips??!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default exhaust tips??!!

Just lookin for peoples opinions on different styles of exhaust tips and what they think look the best I have a 96ss and am in need of a new set. I am a real big fan of the center mount exhaust but i dont want to ruin an ss camaro and change its rear valence just for exhaust
Old 08-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did mine last week........I went with the rectangular tips.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I'd lean 'twards just hidden downturns. The Camaro rear end just doesnt seem to have a style that compliments exhaust tips. with the exception of the center mount you mentioned, but that comes with a different bumper cover of course...

Now my T/A has a rear end that finely compliments a set of slotted tips, so I didn't have quite the complex you have
Old 08-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zachrywd_01TA
Personally I'd lean 'twards just hidden downturns. The Camaro rear end just doesnt seem to have a style that compliments exhaust tips. with the exception of the center mount you mentioned, but that comes with a different bumper cover of course...

Now my T/A has a rear end that finely compliments a set of slotted tips, so I didn't have quite the complex you have
I agree with this completely.

I was originally looking for a Trans Am, ended up with a Z, and from the very beginning I always felt that tips don't belong on camaros. There's no groove or anything there so they just look like an unfinished product IMO. My car came with the borla dual/dual intercooled tips, second day after I got it I removed them and gave them to my friend with an LT1 Trans Am because they just don't look good on these cars.

There are only 3 styles that are ok on these cars IMO, Straight Single pipe on each side but they need to be straight and it has to be just right,it seems like its always too easy for them to end up looking like ****, no tips at all, or the CME exhaust with the lip cover on the back. For me that's the order for worst to best.

Another style that I've seen is that they look ok with any type of tips as long as it has an aftermarket bumper. There's one that looks similar to the stock bumper, but has two grooves for the pipes to sit under.

Exhaust tips just don't belong on 4th gen camaros IMO. I'm sure other people probably feel differently, but to me it always just looks like they forgot to finish the bumper and had to set the tips under there just hanging down.

Quick Reply: exhaust tips??!!