Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

AC/Controls - Light out! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation AC/Controls - Light out! Help!

Hey guys, I have been driving around for over 6 months now without a "lit up" AC unit on my 01 SS. Just realized it's been out lol and I can't see anything at night as far as heat/ac adjustments go etc..

What the hell type of bulb is this? Im pretty sure it's not a fuse cause I already checked twice. Im guessing I just have to pull the entire AC unit out and replace a bulb from behind?

Any experience with this or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Smile

Finally got it! Pulled the a/c unit out and found 2 bulbs that needed to be replAced. Took pix for anyone that comes across the same problem
Old 01-24-2011, 07:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SLPCAMAROSS
Took pix for anyone that comes across the same problem
Lets see them, haven't had that problem with any of my f-bodies, but truck has a bunch out.

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by super_fro_daddy
Lets see them, haven't had that problem with any of my f-bodies, but truck has a bunch out.

Thanks.
Here ya go... They were little tiny bulbs that were hidden behind the panel when you pull it out. I turned them sideways and they popped right out. They were connected to a harness that I thought was bad, but after taking the bulbs out (had to actually break them and pull them with a plyer) I replaced them and it's working perfect now. Advanced Auto carried the bulbs..

BTW the ***** didn't have to come off.. I realized that after I had the whole thing apart.
Attached Thumbnails AC/Controls - Light out! Help!-get-attachment-1.jpg   AC/Controls - Light out! Help!-get-attachment-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: AC/Controls - Light out! Help!