Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

1967 RS/SS Camaro Where is the hazard flasher located???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1967 RS/SS Camaro Where is the hazard flasher located???

I have a 1967 RS/SS Camaro. I installed LED brake lights which would blink fast when I hit my blinker but they would at least blink. Recently I installed some LED lights up front for the running lights/blinkers. Now when I hit the turn signal they just light up and wont blink at all whether I am using the OEM flasher unit or the electronic LED flasher which came with the front LED lights. I have been told that I may need to replace the hazard flasher as well with an LED electronic flasher but for the life of me I cannot locate this baby anywhere under my dash. The blinker flasher is a 2 prong connection located in my fuse panel under the dash. I have been told that the hazard flasher should be located under the dash by the steering column. I have searched high and low but cannot locate another connector or flasher. I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction so I don't have to take my steering column apart and trace the hazard switch wiring down to locate it. I would also prefer not to install resistors since they would basically defeat the purpose of the LED lights with the low draw and the resistors also heat up and can become a potential for burning/melting hazards. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The flasher on my '69 is under the dash between the steering column and radio. It may be tucked up in there so be sure to look hard. My flasher is a light blue color, for reference.

Quick Reply: 1967 RS/SS Camaro Where is the hazard flasher located???