Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

New Daily: 2000 Camaro SS SLP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Daily: 2000 Camaro SS SLP!!

I work at a car dealer in PA and last week and I bought a black 2000 Camaro SS SLP that was traded in from some guy that lives in Central Jersey who bought a Ford Escape. The had to buy a family vehicle I guess. It has about 73k miles and is in overall really good condition. The car has been molested a little bit though. The previous owner put some headers on it hallowed out the cats (has dummy 02 sensors), and put what I believe to be the loudmouth 1 exhaust on it. Whoever put it on did not do such a good job b/c it is looser than french *****. It hits multiple parts of the frame hard over bumps. It also has some huge aftermarket radiator that is also mounted very loosely. The car is desperate for a tune as well. It doesn't feel as fast as it should and its getting what I think is well below the MPG it should be getting (I put 110 miles on it since I last filled it up and its almost at 1/2 a tank).

The mods I know of(other than the factory SLP mods) are LT's, loudmouth I catback and a 85mm throttle body. When the guy traded it in he told my boss the engine was "new." As you know that could mean a few things.

Since I don't know exactly all the mods I cannot do a flash tune so I'm stuck forking out the $$ for a dyno tune.

Does this car sound familar to anybody on here? Do guys have any reccomendations regarding anything about this car?

Any help is appreciated!!