Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Wrecked NBM 98 SS - fix/build

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wrecked NBM 98 SS - fix/build

well..it all happened my last weekened in the navy. it was friday night. A party was thrown for me since it was my last weekened in san diego. while at this party, i was drinking so i let a sober friend borrow my car to go to the store. hours go by and hes still not back and not picking up his phone. at this point i am super ****** worried. so im thinking he wrecked or got put in jail for racing or some stupid ****.blong story short, well during the night, i got jumped by about 8 guys, 2 of my friends stepped in to help me, one of my friends got blind sided by shrek, broke his jaw in 2 places, my other friend got a knife pulled on him, and now my friends mouth is wired shut, and my face, head, throat and arms hurt like hell. so i wake up to my friend in the hospitol, and my other friend in jail. so i call the jails, and found out that my friend is in jail for evading the police in my car, and wrecking it. my car was impounded. i paid $350 to take it out the next morning. now as the car sits, rear driver rim is fucked, broken and bent, driver quarter panel is all dented up, axle might be bent. front right tire is torn, i have no oil pressure, there is a huge hole in the oil pan, i see wires hanging from under the engine, looks like my 02 wires. and my exhaust is all bent up. its a good thing my friend is paying me to fix the car. well i took the car to phoenix, where i now live and got situated. now its time to work on the car. i bought some new rims for her, and now im making a parts list of parts to order that i need. im not sure if i need new axles or not, it makes a wierd noise when i roll the car. but it may be because the rearend is pushed over to the right like 2 inches cuz the bent panhard bar. please check out the pictures and leave any and all feedback and input on what you think i will need done. also i want to buy new axles, but i dont know what carrier i have, 7.5? ill post more pictures as i start working on her.
heres the pictures of my caSSie...

Old 12-05-2011, 01:29 AM
10 Second Club

55 views no replies!? no one has any input?
Old 12-07-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

first thing i would do is get it on a frame machine and see how bad the frame is tweaked, or if it's still straight. then make a decision from there....sounds to me like your friends poor judgement call will end up costing him more than he expected.

please also realize you are asking for info based on pictures that you have posted and noises you have described. its very hard to judge damage, and any info provided you would purely be speculation.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would total it out and sell me the seats (if they are black leather) for CHEAP!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dam man thats a tough lost right there. Makes me think twice bout letting my friends drive my ****. Thats fucked up how someone can disrespect a car that doesnt even belong to them as yours was. Total it sell everything you can, buy another one! LOL. And dont let anyone drive it!
Old 12-10-2011, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lots of work but it can be such a pretty car.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:10 AM
On The Tree

Yes you have a 7.5 rear. i agree get it on a frame machine and have it checked then go from there. why don't you have oil pressure? did he rip a hole in the pan?

Quick Reply: Wrecked NBM 98 SS - fix/build