Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

5th gen camaro owners......

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5th gen camaro owners......

First off I will say I'm not a 5th gen hater I love them. But after being a member on camaro5 for over a year I come to see how stupid they really are. They seem to have no knowledge what so ever when it comes to cars. 90% of them are v6 owners who think they have a race car because they added a cold air intake. Also the transformers decals need to stop. It's so gay. I used to look at camaro owners and true performance enthusiast. Ever since the new camaro came out it went down hill. There no better then the V6 mustang owners now. No offense to anyone who owns a 5th gen SS. I know some know there stuff. I honestly think none of them knew what a camaro even was until they went and seen transformers. But really, If you don't believe me go on camaro5. Not trying to get anyone mad. Just saying what I seen go on
Old 12-11-2011, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will mildy agree with some of your points.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Banned

There was a thread were they talked about plug wires making 20 more pony's and how much of a difference it made lol
Old 12-11-2011, 01:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

moderncamaro.com
Old 12-11-2011, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

I had 26 Camaro's before i got my 5th gen and too me it just was not a Camaro anymore in my Opinion !!!
Old 12-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Banned

^thats many peoples thoughts.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Yea it Sucks i waited all that time and did not like it and i am not a big Corvette Fan but thats what i ended up w/ until they can get it right again !!!
Old 12-12-2011, 12:25 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's because the car has brought so many new people to Camaro/Chevy/GM. For the longest time, only a minority amount of people actively wanted a Camaro when compared to other choices. With the 5th gen, Chevrolet has a car that appeals to a much larger demographic.

This is not a negative because the more Camaros GM sells, the longer the car will be around. Had the 4th gen received this much attention, the Camaro would have soldiered on (and we may be talking about the upcoming 7th gen). This also means that development will continue to give "diehards" performance options that the masses aren't interested in.

Lastly, everyone starts somewhere. I am sure there are plenty of "new" Camaro owners who have learned a lot about cars and their workings that they would have not have otherwise been exposed to.

So, if one doesn't like the "other" owners, don't associate with them! Those types of people will be on to the next bigger and better thing in a couple years, anyway. On the other hand, some of them might turn out to become great friends.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Teching In

I can kind of agree with you as well. I have owned 2 - 4th Gen F-Bodys, 1 - 3rd Gen, 1 - 1st Gen as well as many Mustangs. It's the same in both worlds. If it wasn't for the V6 sales the manufactures wouldn't be able to afford to build the V8s. A lot of the parts hype is the fault of some vendors as well making claims of HP gains for things like spark plug wires. Everyone has to start somewhere. Some will become gear-heads and dive into modding their own cars and others will move on to the next trendy car.

My first car was a 68 Camaro so the look is what brought me back to GM and even though it doesn't feel anything like the 68 I love my 10 SS.
The following users liked this post:
Ken Hillman (08-03-2019)
Old 12-12-2011, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
I had 26 Camaro's before i got my 5th gen and too me it just was not a Camaro anymore in my Opinion !!!
This (not 26 though).

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
Yea it Sucks i waited all that time and did not like it and i am not a big Corvette Fan but thats what i ended up w/ until they can get it right again !!!
And this.

I can deal with the Vette idiots because it's expected. This new crop of Camaro people are really bad. That's part of the reason I wanted to get rid of it so bad. If it wasn't defending myself I was dealing with their idiotic BS and getting in to conversations about which wax is better or how to find a matching jacket. The ownership of this car has severely effected the public opinion. It's not a slow car bit when 4th gen and mustang guys see 700+ tire HP cars run 12's and stock cars run high 13's I can see where they get their opinions.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Teching In

It must be nice to have the time for the stupid arguments they have!
Old 12-14-2011, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

i was one of those guys who followed the pre-production on the 5th gen, just waiting for it to be avalible to buy. i wanted one so bad i could taste it. when the car finally came out, i rushed to the dealership to finally lay eyes on that coveted prize. i was not impressed, but i had wanted it for so long that i told myself i had to have it anyway. i had to have a bare-bones base model to keep the weight down. i didnt want power windows or fancy blue tooth/navcom crap. i wanted a true muscle car. the dealer looked at me like i was an idiot. all we are going to carry are the 2ss with all the bells and whistles. what you need is the rs/ss with the glow rings around the headlights and the body colored window molding, yada, yada, yada! i went home and told my wife that i no longer wanted that car and i wanted to build my own instead. and that was the birth of my 72 camaro project. now that the 72 is completed, you couldnt give me 10 5th gen camaros for it. im gm to the bone but as much as i hate to say it, fords mustang is way ahead in my opinion.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by demonspeed
It's because the car has brought so many new people to Camaro/Chevy/GM. For the longest time, only a minority amount of people actively wanted a Camaro when compared to other choices. With the 5th gen, Chevrolet has a car that appeals to a much larger demographic.

This is not a negative because the more Camaros GM sells, the longer the car will be around. Had the 4th gen received this much attention, the Camaro would have soldiered on (and we may be talking about the upcoming 7th gen). This also means that development will continue to give "diehards" performance options that the masses aren't interested in.

Lastly, everyone starts somewhere. I am sure there are plenty of "new" Camaro owners who have learned a lot about cars and their workings that they would have not have otherwise been exposed to.

So, if one doesn't like the "other" owners, don't associate with them! Those types of people will be on to the next bigger and better thing in a couple years, anyway. On the other hand, some of them might turn out to become great friends.
This guy is a douche bag, don't listen to him!

What's up brother!

I have driven a few of them and love them, but miss my 1992 B4C more than any car.

The only thing I dont like about the 5th is the lack of viewability inside.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:29 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 54inches
What's up brother!
Hard-ons and helicopters.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5th gens are bringing in the normal folks who otherwise would never have thought about getting into a performance car. They are all nooby compared to most of us. Give them a few years and they will be alright. We were all there once. When I first had my car another F-body guy asked me what rear was in it and I said "stock" so a 9 inch or something. He laughed and called me a douche. 9 inch was the only thing I knew about rear ends so I assumed that's what was in it lol. Just remember we were all noobs at one point.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dark SS
This (not 26 though).

And this.

I can deal with the Vette idiots because it's expected. This new crop of Camaro people are really bad. That's part of the reason I wanted to get rid of it so bad. If it wasn't defending myself I was dealing with their idiotic BS and getting in to conversations about which wax is better or how to find a matching jacket. The ownership of this car has severely effected the public opinion. It's not a slow car bit when 4th gen and mustang guys see 700+ tire HP cars run 12's and stock cars run high 13's I can see where they get their opinions.

LOLLOL I just had to bring my thread back after I read the matching jacket thing. I was on camaro5 today and they guy said check out my build thread so I clicked the link and it was all stickers and one K&N Filter. I'm banned from many camaro forums because of the fights I get into on them
Old 08-03-2019, 04:19 PM

Default Dr Ken

I have had many Camaro and Firebirds over the past 50 years. First was a 67 Firebird 400 in 1970. 84 Z28, 88 IROC convertible, 98 Camaro RS convertible, to my recently acquired 11 SS convertible. This new one is really great, but I’d like to ring the neck of the engineer that designed the convertible boot cover. It sucks! The 98 had a 3 piece plastic contraption that was easy to set. This 11 is a nightmare, but I really like it on, so I cud’s a bit, and beat with it.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

After I sold my 2000 SS, I swore the next Chevy I would get would be either a 13 1LE or 13 ZL1 (love the front and rear ends on them and also the Stereo donest look like a toy) but when I test drove a 1LE, I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I’d be. The blind spots were horrible and I felt there is waaaaayyy too much going on with the dash, so many gauges and electronics. To me, a muscle car shouldn’t need that much. And also you can’t get a V8 without all the extra options, unless you buy a wrecked one and build it from the ground up. I ended up buying my same 2000 SS back 4 years after I sold it. I did have a 06 GTO for almost 2 years, I liked it but not as much as my 2000 SS. The IRS wasn’t fun and the repairs I had to make right away to it sucked . . . suspension was **** from the get go.

Quick Reply: 5th gen camaro owners......