Go Back   LS1TECH > VEHICLE SPECIFIC FORUMS > Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002
Search

Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

I need help! Full ls1 z28 swap into a 92 RS

Old 06-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
Teching In

Trader Rating: 1
Default I need help! Full ls1 z28 swap into a 92 RS

Okay so i have a lot of work ahead of me.. no i am not paying someone to build my car. Right now my biggest concern are brakes and suspension. The reason is because i do not want to have the 2in spacers to fit 4th gen wheels on my car like i currently have to. This is my first car that i got in high school so the car means alot and i will never get rid of it. I plan on buying an aftermarket tubular k-member so i can use the headers that came with my donar 98 z28. I am going to be swapping everything over.. hopefully. The things i want to do are listed below and i will be taking them off of the 98 z28 and putting them in my car.

dash
seats/seatbelts
door panels
full drivetrain (ls1, 4l60 w/ 3600 yank converter)
wiring harness (complete whole body including dash)
brakes (lines, booster, pp valve, rotors, hubs, discs, calipers, ABS system)
fuel tank/ fuel pump/ lines
rack and pinion
i want everything swapped over.

Please any info or knowledge of any of these swaps would help me out immensly!!! Again my biggest concern is whether or not i can get the brakes and suspension to work. I am planning on buying an aftermarket k-member and if the coil over kit would make it work then i will get that. Thanks in advance guys!!!
fbodyman50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
TECH Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9

get over to the thirdgen.org forum and search search search. from what i know, even with the tubular k-member, you're not going to be able to use the 4th gen headers, unless they are a short-tube design. mids and long tubes designed for a 4th gen car will not work without MAJOR modifications.

you are taking on a lot with the drivetrain mods, adding the interior really makes it an in-depth build. good luck.

1995 GMC Sierra 1500 RCSB
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
Teching In

Trader Rating: 1

yeah after a little research i found at that my headers wont work at all. I am in the planning stages still. I have the 98 interior all pulled out and im getting ready to start pulling the 350 out of my 92 and start on everything. I was going to get the dash and wiring harness installed first and then start on the motor. I finally decided that i might as well do a single turbo build but i am having such a hard time finding threads on it with the search. Just going to take my time i guess so i dont have to spend more money and just take it slow.
fbodyman50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1992, 2002, 60, 92, camaro, change, chevy, complete, engine, lt1, rs, swap, tools, work, z28