Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Huge problem please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge problem please help

Hey Fellas Don't know if this is the right spot but here it goes....dum

So On my 99 camaro z28 Auto I did a engine swap... My old motor blew so I bought a LS1 Again it came with LS6 Intake & LS6 Cam & Springs already installed .. dumwith supposably 55K miles on it...dum
So I installed it on my car... Did the work myself with some help..dum
Well long story dumI took it to go get tuned at CMS in Murrieta.. dumI didn't get to drive it much before tunning it.. The day I took it to CMS was the first day I put it on the street... dumWell point is I got it tuned for AiR delete & EGR delete and rear 02 sensors delete... Dyno'd at 353whp.. dum Well exactly a week later I took it to Irwindale 1/8th drag strip, dumI did a couple passes , couldn't be happier I was constantly doing 8.3's with Bald and wack tires. So I say It was reasonable.. dum after the night was over I did a quick freeway pull from 40-130 and at the time I reached 130mph the "SES" & "Service Vehicle" lights turned on & came off 2 seconds later.. dumso I let off immediately ... dumI got scared.. After that I went home..dum
Well it kept getting worse... The next couple days I tried doing some quick pulls again from 20mph rolls.. when it hit redline on first gear the Gear would kinda get stuck for a few seconds and the service Engine Soon light came on... So I let off.... So dumWith time It started getting even more unexplainable dumeffects... My Speedometer gauge started jumping all around.. At cruise control or at normal acceleration or dumjust straight out pedal to the medal the Speedo would jump from 20's to like 80mph then drop back to normal speeds... dum And now even on neutral or parked if I floor it the speedo will Jump like crazy.. And if it's revved till redline the SeS & SE lights come on for a quick second but then turn off right away... dum And now it's to the point were it turns off on me at times .... And it will have a hard time turning on... dumIf I race at time it will just bogg out.. But it does all these weird actions at times not all the time.. Like 1nce or 2wice a day... dum Just yesterday I was washing my car and decided to use engine shine on my motor to clean so after watering off the engine shine fluid I let the car running for 10 minutes an then it jut died.. I went to turn it on again and it wouldn't start.. It would crank & crank only... As soon as I connected my OBD2 and cranked it one last time it turned on like nothing was wrong... And now I found a weird side effect. Whenever my car is acting up or I wana race I have to leave the OBD2 connected and reading my car cuz if I dont have it connected and I race my car will act stupid again and bogg out or stay stuck at the gear... dumAnd the SES light won't stay on long enough for it to let the OBD2 read the code.. Only once was I able to get a code.. I think it was like P0??? Something with the EGR System... dum
So I took it back to CMS and they said they had got nothing on there Computer no codes no nothing... dum We took it for a test drive and stupid car didn't act retarded like usual... The only thing it did was The speedo jumped up and down.. But he (Mike) said it was not tune related.. That it had to do with my wiring or a sensor... Or that maybe since I pressure was my engine that I could be possible that a plug got full of water and is doing bad contact.... dum For the next 2 days my car was acting fine I stepped on the gas and no lights.. It ran smoothly... dumBut after the 3rd day it started all over again..
Oh yeah one time like 2 weeks ago my car had completely given up .. It wouldn't start what so ever... dumSo that day I unplugged every cable and pressured it with air for any dust or water.. Also removed my spark plugs and found out that they were full of oil on the thread of the spark plug and on the tip ... So I washed them with Gas & put them back in... (the plugs are NGK TR6 for when I spray) which I haven't done since my car is acting dumb and I'm not tuned for it yet... dumWell I went next to my O2's they were hell of black so I washed them to with gas... And put them back in... So it's obvious I'm burning oil... dumDon't know if it's my Valve seals or piston rings... Going to do a test later next week.. But that still doesn't explain the speedo jumping and why as soon as I plug in the OBD2 it acts super fine...dum
Is it tune related or what?? I check my 3 grounds the one next to battery & one from the block to the frame & one form the back of the passenger engine head... dumAnd there all fine... dum At times my car idles at 500rpms & then goes to normal 710rpms... And out of no where it will rev up to 1500rpms and stay there for a good half a second then drop back to 700's...dum

Mods: EGR Delete, AiR delete , LS6 Cam, LiD, Longtubes Catless 3" exhaust dumwith TSP muffler... 169 thermo, Underdrive pulley... And tuned...dum

PLEASe PLEASe HELP..

Quick Reply: Huge problem please help