Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

project car 101 just looking for basic info to understand how it all comes together

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default project car 101 just looking for basic info to understand how it all comes together

I own a 93' 5 spd 3.4L camaro completely stock, I want to swap the engine and trans looking for input on what people swap certain things for, it's clear they want to make the car better overall, but what are the specific roles on the things they're switching, what individual affect does that mod contribute?

I know it's a lot to ask I'd also appreciate if you guys could list some helpful resources of information
Old 11-17-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 4thgenRookie
I own a 93' 5 spd 3.4L camaro completely stock, I want to swap the engine and trans looking for input on what people swap certain things for, it's clear they want to make the car better overall, but what are the specific roles on the things they're switching, what individual affect does that mod contribute?

I know it's a lot to ask I'd also appreciate if you guys could list some helpful resources of information
You're going to have to be much much more specific in what you are asking.
What are you looking to swap into the car? An LS1? - FYI its usually cheaper and much easier to just buy an LS1 car than to swap into a V6 car, especially if you are not doing the work yourself.
What "things" are being switched that you want to know about?
Engine? Drivetrain? Suspension/brakes? Chassis mods?
There are stickies in these forums that will answer 99% of your questions too.

Quick Reply: project car 101 just looking for basic info to understand how it all comes together