Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

02 Z28 Rear end upgrade -Driving me crazy!!!

Old 11-17-2012, 02:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 02 Z28 Rear end upgrade -Driving me crazy!!!

Hey guys,
My car is an Automatic GU2
What would u do if u are in my place:
I had to upgrade my stock 2.37 ring and pinion to Motive 3.73 as I had nasty sounds when I drive..after upgrade I still have a new nasty noise from the rear end- I changed the ring, pinion, bearings..
When u press/release gas paddle quickly you can feel a "gap" or space then a knock (that's when gears locks back together) also when u move from neutral to either Reverse or Drive..some times I get a knock.

Now I am sure I must get a full new rear end right??

My question:
I live in UAE.. This car is rear to find a replacement stock rear end and honestly after I felt the difference with 3.73 I do not want a stock anymore.

What should I do?
Any Item i buy will be online and shipped to Dubai so I must make best decision as it is expensive shipping.

Should I buy a new rear end like Moser or Strange that is already 3.73 or 4.10 ?

I will have to save for it for a while but I have No Idea what to buy and what other options I should request and how much is it...

also..what is worst case scenario that could happen if I still drive my car with this nasty noise ? I already made 500 miles with my new Motive ring and pinion break-in period.. Will it break and fail while I am driving? And if this happens would it get the car out of control or I will be able to street car to side of road and call a toe truck ?

Can some one pls make it as easy and clear as possible for me ?

Regards
Hisham

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 Z28 Rear end upgrade -Driving me crazy!!!