Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Dear GOD please let this be it

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 07:27 AM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Dear GOD please let this be it

in my eyes the days of the 5th gen camaros are coming to a end..it's time for a new gen with a new motor...no more underpowered 6.2. but i saw this pic of a mock up and i got a smile ear to ear. im a huge fan of second gens. i myself own two and i would be tickled pink for them to release this body style.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pic dosent work
Old 12-02-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by WTR's camaro
in my eyes the days of the 5th gen camaros are coming to a end..it's time for a new gen with a new motor...no more underpowered 6.2. but i saw this pic of a mock up and i got a smile ear to ear. im a huge fan of second gens. i myself own two and i would be tickled pink for them to release this body style.
You tagged the image wrong... Dont copy the url to the google link, right click the image itself and select "copy image location":

Dont get your hopes up on this one, its a VERY old photoshop rendering and has no link to GM.
And how exactly is the LS3 underpowered??? Its physically smaller/lighter than any engine it competes with, yet make more power and torque.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it. But I think that front end needs to hav a more edgy more modern look to it. Not bad though.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looks good but I don't think it would sell like the current Camaro
Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

By under powered I.mean that it should be pushing closer to 450-475 in my eyes
Old 12-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Banned

Unfortuneatly Gm has lost its mind and will forever more turn out over priced garbage that no one but a select few mught buy. Can you imagine the sales if they just updated the 02 Camaro and firebird with some side airbags and a little style changes?

I'm a diehard GM guy but I wouldn't buy the new camaro ! Its so effin ugly and stupid looking only a complete moron would be seen in one. Recently I thought I would bite the bullet and just go test drive one, as I got close up to it I realized there is NOWAY I could look at such a mess everyday. It has no lines, no character, NOTHINg. It just sits there looking like someones nightmare mess that made it to production.

GM you are a bunch of stupid AZZES!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Camaroo1 is a stupid AZZES!

Gm can't please everyone the camaro is selling like hotcakes and just because you don't like it there (stupid AZZES!) no there smart because that car saved GM and brought back the Camaro. Maybe one day they might make something that you might like but I doubt it since it seems like your stuck in the 90's and late 80's.......
Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Banned

Yeah thats why the local dealer got LOTS of them NEW and USED! Face it they are a complete joke, just like you
Old 12-07-2012, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WTR's camaro
By under powered I.mean that it should be pushing closer to 450-475 in my eyes
You know GM won't let the Camaro make bigger power numbers than their flagship Corvette. The car runs pretty much right in line with the competition. While I think we all would love more power I don't see how you could call it underpowered, especially with no reasons.
Originally Posted by Camaroo1
Yeah thats why the local dealer got LOTS of them NEW and USED! Face it they are a complete joke, just like you
Actually the 5th gen is selling really well...
Old 12-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Banned

Not here, the local dealer has a boat load of them and was about begging me to test drive one. Go look on Fleabay, there is a TON of 10-20k mile used ones for sale<most people just cant take the FUGLY no more and sell um! I tried to get near the cars but they were just too dam FUGLY. They look like a joke car that someone made to say HAHA the real car is hiding around the corner.

When I can't find any more nice condition 4th gens to drive I may look at the mustang. I like the Challenger but its way too big and heavy to be considered a real performance car, I don't care how much motor they stuff in it.

I'm not stuck in the past, I just know UGLY and no excitement when I see it.

Pontiac built excitement into cars and that spirit is long gone now. Gm is no longer the company it once was. Don't look for anything exciting from them until the current leadership is gone. Think about this they actually stopped building the Camaro! in 02! <this is a sign of COMPLETE up HEAD UP YER AZZ thinking!

The new Camaro is syled after a transformer character<are you farkijn kidding me GM, do you think any one but a few will want such a redicules looking thing? Hey man i'm cool I'm driving a transformer!

Somday everone who bought one will say to themseleves WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING WHEN I BOUGHT THIS?

Someday GM will be back buiding cars people want to buy but its gonna be a long time...............

GM will start building neat cars again about the same time I learn proper spelling and gammar....gonna bee a longgggggg time.................

Last edited by Camaroo1; 12-08-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:02 AM
12 Second Club

Somday everone who bought one will say to themseleves WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING WHEN I BOUGHT THIS?
I'm sure thats what ZL1 and COPO owners think.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Not here, the local dealer has a boat load of them and was about begging me to test drive one. Go look on Fleabay, there is a TON of 10-20k mile used ones for sale<most people just cant take the FUGLY no more and sell um! I tried to get near the cars but they were just too dam FUGLY. They look like a joke car that someone made to say HAHA the real car is hiding around the corner.

When I can't find any more nice condition 4th gens to drive I may look at the mustang. I like the Challenger but its way too big and heavy to be considered a real performance car, I don't care how much motor they stuff in it.

I'm not stuck in the past, I just know UGLY and no excitement when I see it.
You are entitled to your opinion but the numbers don't lie, the 5th gen is selling really well. Im not saying I like it, im just stating the facts.

Pontiac built excitement into cars and that spirit is long gone now.
Seriously? Have you been drinking?
The majority of Pontiac cars have been boring, cladded up rebadged GM corporate cars. Their RWD cars they made (which were very few recently) are the only ones worth even looking at.

Gm is no longer the company it once was. Don't look for anything exciting from them until the current leadership is gone.
Have you bothered looking at their lineup lately?
Its arguably better than before. Almost everything has been replaced with something better than before (except arguably the camaro).
Have you seen the ATS? CTS? G8? C6 vette?

Think about this they actually stopped building the Camaro! in 02! <this is a sign of COMPLETE up HEAD UP YER AZZ thinking!
While I agree that was stupid, the numbers were not there at the time, and the company was down on money to build a new version.
The new Camaro is syled after a transformer character<are you farkijn kidding me GM, do you think any one but a few will want such a redicules looking thing? Hey man i'm cool I'm driving a transformer!
Its the other way around there buddy, the 5th gen Camaro concept was used for that movie, they didn't design it for the movie...

GM will start building neat cars again about the same time I learn proper spelling and gammar....gonna bee a longgggggg time.................
Other than the 4th gen Camaro what do you consider a "neat car"?
Old 12-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Banned

LOTS and LOTS of neat- cool- exciting cars were made....firebirds are my fav along with the 3third gen camaro. New camaro should be named something else....it doesn't represent the camaros true image. Real Camaros DON"T resemble transformers<redicules
Old 12-08-2012, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

LOTS and LOTS of neat- cool- exciting cars were made....firebirds are my fav along with the 3third gen camaro. New camaro should be named something else....it doesn't represent the camaros true image. Real Camaros DON"T resemble transformers<redicules
Other than Fbodies what else???
And agian can you not read? The 5th gen was designed BEFORE the transformers movie.
The 5th gen concept debuted January 2006, the Transformers movie came out in July 2007, more than a year AFTER the Camaro. The transformer is a Camaro, not the other way around.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Other than Fbodies what else???
And agian can you not read? The 5th gen was designed BEFORE the transformers movie.
The 5th gen concept debuted January 2006, the Transformers movie came out in July 2007, more than a year AFTER the Camaro. The transformer is a Camaro, not the other way around.
go on and on and on........waste your precious time
Old 12-08-2012, 05:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow sorry its only my opinion but that car is butt ugly.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:59 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

I'm not a fan of the 5th gen Camaro either. I dislike the seating position, and I dislike the styling (not necessarily the retro look, just their execution of it in that case). I also dislike the L99, and was very disappointed to not see them offer the LS3 with BOTH trans types, since I prefer the auto (I understand the MPG concerns, etc., but it doesn't change the fact that this is still objectional to me) but hate to be forced into the lower power engine.

I've been a life long GM fan, and I'm generally prone to being a brand loyalist (so long as they build something that I like), but I just can't give a 5th gen the nod for my garage.

Having said that, I actually really like the styling of the concept above. Early 2nd gens are my favorite styling for Camaro, and I would be much more interested in something that resembled that photo rather than the current 5th gen.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just threw up a little !
Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Banned

Not to mention the automatic L99 camaros get that stupid VVT crap. Just what a muscle car guy wants........Enhanced valvetrain
The inlet rocker arm is offset 6 mm between the valve tip and rocker bolt/push rod to enable a more direct intake port. The intake valve diameter is 55.0 mm and the exhaust valve diameter is 40.4. Intake and exhaust lift art at 12.7mm. The valvetrain was modified to interface with a cam phaser to provide 30 degrees of cam phaser authority. AFM Lifters in cylinders 1,4,6, and 7 and the AFM control system enables V4 operation at engine operating conditions where V4 mode is more efficient.

I want my new 400HP Camaro to run on 4 cylinders when i'm cruising.....OH and to look like a transformer......i'm just so tricky...GM I LOVE YOU.....you make me feel like i'm a real transformer! I'm so cool...............I might just transform into THE BIGGEST WEENIE ...so watch out!

Quick Reply: Dear GOD please let this be it