Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

35th Anniversary edition SS questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 35th Anniversary edition SS questions

Hi everyone, I havent been on here for a while since I sold my 2000 z28 about 5 years ago. I am looking at getting another f-body after getting rid of my GTO last year and came across a nice 35th anniversary SS for sale. I called SLP to run the vin and they said it did come across as a real ss but she said the color code was pewter but that it was a 35th car. Were there 35th anniversay ss but not the limited editions, like on the z28's? I know all 35 LE cars are red and she said it could have gotten put in the computer wrong. I called my local dealer and they showed the color was bright rally red, or something like that, which is what it is supposed to be. I did look at the sticker in the door panel and I am almost positive remeber seeing the Z4C code. Is it possible SLP could have screwed something up and put the info in for the wrong car? I am going to look at it again and go over everything real good and look at some of the documentation they have for the car this week. Thanks everyone.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:13 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd certainly say it's possible that it could have been entered incorrectly into SLP's system. Fortunately, that should not have had any effect on SLP's conversion; however, they would have likely done a "WTF" when putting a pewter hood on a BRR car! Honestly, though, I'd go by whatever your VIN/RPO codes say from GM. If it has Z4C then it's a BRR car (I don't know what the RPO is for BRR -- even though I also have a BRR SS!).
Old 07-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Ok, I felt better after talking to GM because I knew all of those cars were red, Im assuming BRR is the color code. The lady at SLP wasnt very helpful but did confirm it was an SLP car. The seller with the car said he has all the original documentation from when the car was built so that would be alot of work for him to fake the documentation, paint the car red and redo all the interior to make it an LE. Is there a way to cross the vin over to get the LE#, the SS# is 5729.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

all 2002 camaros were 35th anniversary

just the special collectors edition was red
Old 07-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Teching In

If it has the "Z4C" code though it is the special edition not just a a regular ss.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Staging Lane

Get me the last 8 of vin, Ill pull the build sheet and VIIS/warranty information...This will eliminate any issue..Let me know
Old 07-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Teching In

The last 8 of the vin is 22141388. I had a friend of mine who is a parts manager for a local dealer run it as well and everything checked out. I bought the car last night and love it. How do I find out the LE# on it? The seller had the slp build sheet and it has the 345hp package and every option from SLP available. The car only has 23k miles and drives better than any f-body Ive ever been in. Its good to be back !!!

Quick Reply: 35th Anniversary edition SS questions