Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Salvage yards oahu?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Salvage yards oahu?

Does anyone know of salvage yards that carry fbody's in oahu. I need a few parts that I would like to get used but found 1 salvage yard that had 3 camaro,s. called one in sand island and another at Campbell industrial they didn't have anything. Craigs list here is super slim Pickens for anything gm and to get anything shipped cost a fortune.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Brother I feel your pain. I was stationed out there for 14 years and had to get the majority of my parts from the mainland. Shipping was a killer, though. When I was looking for used parts I would get them from EBAY.

R/
Frat
Old 10-19-2013, 04:03 PM

Man how did you get stationed here for 14 years that's a super long time? What service are you in? Yeah eBay and ls1tech classified is what I have been using.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

I was in the Navy stationed at Pearl Harbor. I got there in November of 1990 and finally left March of 2004. I suppose I just got luck as each time I called for orders they had a job for me. I retired from the Navy this past November. I was out there Nov 2012 to Feb '13 and would use the gym there at Schofield. Nice set up you guys have their...other than being quite crowded in the evening's I enjoyed using it.

Thanks for your service and be safe!

R/
Frat
Old 10-20-2013, 03:03 AM

That's a long time at one duty station bet it was nice not having to pcs every three years. Man thanks for your service, doing a full 20 is awesome. Schofield is nice they def try and take care of us. I plan on checking out Pearl Harbor one weekend. Do you know what the cheapest way to ship parts to oahu would be? I have been looking but it seems everyone's rates are about the same.
Originally Posted by Fratsit
I was in the Navy stationed at Pearl Harbor. I got there in November of 1990 and finally left March of 2004. I suppose I just got luck as each time I called for orders they had a job for me. I retired from the Navy this past November. I was out there Nov 2012 to Feb '13 and would use the gym there at Schofield. Nice set up you guys have their...other than being quite crowded in the evening's I enjoyed using it.

Thanks for your service and be safe!

R/
Frat
Old 10-26-2013, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Pearl Harbor and Hickam AFB have a nice gym. I think it's part of the joint base now. As for that shipping...man... I just bit the bullet and shipped UPS 2 day air if I needed it quick. Other than that it was USPS. No way around that.

You're welcome regarding my service. I miss it... a lot. I have a great job with Koch Nitrogen...but the civilian world is not that same with regards to the camaraderie, etc.

R/
Frat

Quick Reply: Salvage yards oahu?