Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Looking For Some Advice

Old 12-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking For Some Advice

My husband has a 1997 Camaro SS Convertible 30th anniversary (SLP). The car has less than 30,000 original miles, and has had a bunch of "go fast stuff" done to it.

He died a little over 8 years ago, and I just haven't been able to bring myself to work on it anymore.

I am not sure everything that has been done to it, but I do know the following:

Custom heads and cam by Brent Frazier
Roll Cage installed by Tracy Grimm
4" Y-pipe
McCloud twin disc clutch
aluminum drive shaft
BMR torque arm
MSD Ignition
100 (I think) shot of nitrous - (I don't know about what kind it is)

I know it has other work that has been done, but I am not sure what exactly it is. I am trying to figure out how much the car could be worth if I tried to sell it, and how I could possibly figure out what else has been done. It just isn't the same trying to work on it/drive it with him gone....

I appreciate your help in advance.

RB
Old 12-09-2013, 07:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 105 Likes on 93 Posts

Going by this.....http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtool...port?vc=231634

$10-20K.
I'd err on high side with the low miles and upgrades (not all will like the speed parts).
Old 12-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Doug G
Going by this.....http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtool...port?vc=231634

$10-20K.
I'd err on high side with the low miles and upgrades (not all will like the speed parts).
Thank you!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry for your loss. You could put it up for sale on here as a feeler. Just list as much as you can. We're all gear heads on here. I'm sure someone might be interested with a modded car with low miles. Hope this helps.

John
Old 12-11-2013, 03:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If u cud take a bunch of detailed pics, close ups of engine bay, nitrous parts, and general shots of the car, many on here can give u more info and suggestions.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JDEP162
If u cud take a bunch of detailed pics, close ups of engine bay, nitrous parts, and general shots of the car, many on here can give u more info and suggestions.
Thanks, guys. I will do that this weekend, if it isn't snowing. Hard to get good pictures in the garage....

It definitely needs to be cleaned up too... I may try to get that done over the weekend as well.

Also, have some Convo Pros (I think?) and MT drags (I think) 15" rims (I think). Fronts are skinnies, rears are wider... Any idea what they might be worth? I think when I list the car I am just going to keep the stock wheels on it. I'm hoping maybe I can sell the wheels and use the money to make the car a little nicer before I put it up for sale...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking For Some Advice