Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

install new LED headlights

Old 03-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default install new LED headlights

has anyone install BLK DRL LED HALO RIMS PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS LAMPS 1998-2002 CHEVY CAMARO Z28 SS? Are they plug and play?
Old 03-23-2014, 07:10 AM

Smile

It depends on the set you buy. I recently bought a set for my beast. The low and hi beams were plug and play. But the replacement drl were not. They are a pain to get in mind you.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Bad link those are for Colorado and Canyon...
Old 04-05-2014, 12:43 AM

I have some projectors and the mounting brackets they come in are junk. I took the lights out and put them in the stock brackets it makes adjusting them so much easier it will save you a headache in the future.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Default Halogens and LED Running lights

I just installed a set of halogen and LED DRLs from protuninglabs. There was one bolt holding the headlight assembly in. Easy removal. The news ones installed quickly. The LED DRLs have to be hard wired into the regular daytime running lights. Red wire to blue, black wire to black. Simple. My LEDs are on when it is light outside and the headlights are not on. They also blink with the turn signals (if it is light outside) If it is nightime, they do not come on. You can correct this by wiring them to the side marker lights instead, but then they will only come on when you turn the parking lights on, or when the headlights come on automatically. Just a heads up on that. I chose to wire them to the regular DRLs, I am running clear DRL lenses for the stock DRLs.

Here are some before and after shots.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: install new LED headlights