Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Not sure where to start?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not sure where to start?

I have a 2002 Camaro Z28 and I'm wanting to start upgrading its performance/ visuals. Only problem is im not quite sure where to start, i know basic car knowledge and love learning about camaros and tinkering with them but im by no means a mechanic. Lol. I know Im looking to do "cheaper" performance upgrades first. I bought this car 7 months ago from a car dealership and i will tell you what i know about the car based on what i was told when i bought it and that may help someone give me better advice. The car definantly has a big cam in it (not sure what kind), it also has headers (i was told by a local mechanic it probably had a ls1 cam & header package installed on it???) and it has a 4" SLP racing exhaust. It has had a line-lock switch installed in it so im thinking it was a drag car for someone before i bought it. The car is in great shape and runs awesome. Im just wanting more power without spending a ton of cash right now and figured someone on here could point me in the right direction. Any advice will be greatly appreciated
Old 07-09-2014, 02:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hayden_03
I have a 2002 Camaro Z28 and I'm wanting to start upgrading its performance/ visuals. Only problem is im not quite sure where to start, i know basic car knowledge and love learning about camaros and tinkering with them but im by no means a mechanic. Lol. I know Im looking to do "cheaper" performance upgrades first. I bought this car 7 months ago from a car dealership and i will tell you what i know about the car based on what i was told when i bought it and that may help someone give me better advice. The car definantly has a big cam in it (not sure what kind), it also has headers (i was told by a local mechanic it probably had a ls1 cam & header package installed on it???) and it has a 4" SLP racing exhaust. It has had a line-lock switch installed in it so im thinking it was a drag car for someone before i bought it. The car is in great shape and runs awesome. Im just wanting more power without spending a ton of cash right now and figured someone on here could point me in the right direction. Any advice will be greatly appreciated
u have come to the right place. look up the newbie section thread called "so u wanna be fast" for starters.
also any pics u can post up will help get you opinions/suggestions, as that will answer many questions, like
does it have a lid/wheels/tires(or drag radials)automatic or 6speed?
etc etc.
that said, headlight upgrades like the whistlers, or halos look great.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...anna-fast.html

Quick Reply: Not sure where to start?