Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Exhaust thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust thoughts

Today I had an thought about
Putting 2 cannons on a lt1 to see what it'll sound like as of now I have flowmasters on it thought it would look cool to have cannons at each side of the bumper at a angle but idk bout the sound. There an vid of an ls2 swapped rx7 with an cannon on it an it didn't sounds bad but nice all worthy inputs would be nice. Also nothing is wrong with the way it sounds now just an idea lol

Here the link to one kind of cannon N1 4" Burnt Tip Muffler Exhaust 2.5" Inlet Universal with Removable Silencer (B-Tip; 4 Inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DT42U8O/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_p..Aub0XQV0XE

Rx7 YouTube vid link http://youtu.be/aeWXf7T79qw
Old 11-18-2014, 09:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It might sound alright (would probably choke the engine) but it would look like total garbage. Exhaust "cannons" (aka fart pipes) are ricer mufflers.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
It might sound alright (would probably choke the engine) but it would look like total garbage. Exhaust "cannons" (aka fart pipes) are ricer mufflers.
How would it choke the motor thought less back pressure mean more power
Old 11-19-2014, 01:25 AM
Staging Lane

Please for the love of sweet little 8lb 5oz baby Jesus, don't do that. If you want free flowing exhaust, go with some LTs, LoudMouth II mufflers and 3" exhaust. Will it be "cheap" like cannons? No. But atleast you'll keep you dignity and have a great sounding car.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mthomsen224
Please for the love of sweet little 8lb 5oz baby Jesus, don't do that. If you want free flowing exhaust, go with some LTs, LoudMouth II mufflers and 3" exhaust. Will it be "cheap" like cannons? No. But atleast you'll keep you dignity and have a great sounding car.
It's an thought I'm
Probably not gone do it plus I have flowmasters now just an idea
Old 11-20-2014, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Moochdog
How would it choke the motor thought less back pressure mean more power
Who says it will have less back pressure than what you currently have, or better yet a proper exhaust for the car?
Old 12-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Here's my idea now long tube headers an no muffler but the two cannons wat kind of sound would the cannons give I can get them for cheap on amazon
Old 12-13-2014, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Moochdog
Here's my idea now long tube headers an no muffler but the two cannons wat kind of sound would the cannons give I can get them for cheap on amazon

Not knocking you cuz to each his own.....but I jus dont see how Cannon mufflers would look good on any Camaro.....but on another note I have never seen a camaro running them....I def have seen cheap cannon mufflers on ebay though...im not sure if the mufflers run straight thru or have a baffle design....that would dictate the sound....whatever type of mufflers they are..go to their website and see if they have audio for diff mufflers....
Old 12-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 68SSJARHEAD
Not knocking you cuz to each his own.....but I jus dont see how Cannon mufflers would look good on any Camaro.....but on another note I have never seen a camaro running them....I def have seen cheap cannon mufflers on ebay though...im not sure if the mufflers run straight thru or have a baffle design....that would dictate the sound....whatever type of mufflers they are..go to their website and see if they have audio for diff mufflers....
Nawl it's cool I was just wanting to do something different I've heard v8 swapped cars with an cannon on them on YouTube there's a link up at the top to the rx7 with an ls motor an cannon sounded nice to me thought I'll try it

Quick Reply: Exhaust thoughts