Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

1995 Camaro choking

Old 01-30-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Camaro choking

Hi there guys,

I have a 1995 camaro that i recently bought of an old close friend. Im the second owner of the car and it runs beautiful. It has no issues and it has 58,000k original box A miles. However just yesterday as i was heading to work it started to choke after it went over 45mph so i slowed it down to 30mph and tried reving it a little and it wouldnt idle over 1k rpms. So i pulled over at a gas station and pumped gas(just 10$ almost 6 gallons) then i turned the vehicle on and it stepped on the gas and idle perfectly fine. Then i drove off and again passing 45mph it did the same thing but this time it turned off. I switched into neutral as i was rolling down with it and i turned it on but this time the "check engine light" came on. I drove it for a but more to the next light and when i came to a stop it died once again. So i turned it on gave it gas and then the light came off and it wouldn't turn off at a stop no more but it still turned off running and repeat the same process again. Light went on twice. Can anyone help me out and explain to me what could be the cause of this. Thank you all very much!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1995 Camaro choking