Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

LQ4 Truck intake into a first gen

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 01:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LQ4 Truck intake into a first gen

Anyone have any luck running a truck intake in a first gen? Heard they flow as well (some say better) than LS6 intakes on the lower rpm bands and they look badass when they're trimmed. Really don't want to get another intake...any thoughts?
Old 04-05-2015, 01:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 534 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Global Warmer LQ4
Anyone have any luck running a truck intake in a first gen? Heard they flow as well (some say better) than LS6 intakes on the lower rpm bands and they look badass when they're trimmed. Really don't want to get another intake...any thoughts?
will the truck intake fit under the factory good or do you have to run a cowl hood?
Old 04-05-2015, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuskyz28
will the truck intake fit under the factory good or do you have to run a cowl hood?
So far researching the posts some people say the intake and alternator hit to stock hood but I've seen pictures of stock hoods with truck intakes with no problem. Other posts say the motor mounts play a part in clearance. Since I haven't purchased the mounts yet, I was hoping to get this cleared up before I spend more money. I'm thinking of DirtyDingo motor mounts.

If I gotta get a cowl hood, I'll do that.

Quick Reply: LQ4 Truck intake into a first gen