Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

P0300 and P0756 codes at the same time?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0300 and P0756 codes at the same time?

96 Camaro 3.8l 4l60e. I'll start with saying these codes have appeared recently after doing a oil change and installing new plugs. Checked and double checked plug wire routing and all boots are clipped on good, plug gap is set .060". Vacuum lines look ok. Before the tune up, I was getting a cyl. 2 misfire, replaced just that plug for the time being and drove it for a month and it ran great no misfires no codes, it started missing slightly and not throwing any codes yet decided to go ahead and change the rest of the plugs, afterwards it was running like crap under load, idle is fairly smooth with a hiccup. I don't understand the shift solenoid code because far as I can tell its shifting fine other than the car is so under powered at WOT it takes way longer than it should to increase mph and seems to hold shifts longer. The plugs are autolite irridium. My question is it possible that because its holding shifts because of the lack of power could that throw the shift solenoid code? And more about how its running, in drive as long as I feather the pedal and accelerate slowly its is smooth sailing, give it 1/3rd to half throttle it starts missing spitting and sputtering, floor it and it revs hard with lack of power but does not miss. Anyone care to throw 2 cents at me?
Old 06-18-2015, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed

Replaced the EGR valve cause it looked nasty, didn't fix it. Ended up being the cyl. 2/5 coil pack. Runs like a champ for a 3.8L now!

Quick Reply: P0300 and P0756 codes at the same time?