Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Help with rough idle

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with rough idle

Ok guys I did a search for my problem but couldn't narrow it down. My car is bone stock 122,000 miles. I have been chasing oil leaks. Replaced oil pan gasket first. Stopped some of the leaks but still leaking about a 2" circle overnight. So after searching on here I thought maybe my OPSU was leaking. My gauge had been reading a little strange. So I pulled intake today to replace OPSU. After getting intake off I discovered the y fitting on the pvc has come apart. So I installed new ac delco OPSU and put new fel pro gaskets on intake. Made a new t fitting for rear pvc hookup using some brass fittings. Installed everything back and now the car is running rough and flashed ses when I first Started it. I shut it off and realized I forgot to hookup up knock sensors. So hooked it up started it again and no change in rough idle. Ses quit flashing but still on. Sorry that was long winded.

My question is if the pvc y fitting had been broken for some time would the computer tune itself for the vacuum leak and now that I fixed the leak it is ruuning rough. Am I way off base here. Otherwise I have a vacuum leak. Any help or advice is welcome. The y fitting was very wet with oil so this was causing my leak or its my rear main seal. I also had faint fumes of oil sometimes after hard accelaration and I assume this was cominb from the broken t fitting.

Car is a 2002 Camaro SS A4

Quick Reply: Help with rough idle