Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

96 Z28 Blinkers Are Going Haywire And Other Lights Are Too.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 03:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Z28 Blinkers Are Going Haywire And Other Lights Are Too.

Haywire or my car has a ghost in it that LOVES to make things randomly go nuts... then they'll all go back to normal.. just to do it again about 2 or so months later. My blinkers have done this now for a little time so I need help. When I first drive her everyday... the blinkers work for about 5 blinks, don't matter if it's left or right, then they stay solid. Both sides. I have to make them blink myself by going up and down with it. So, do flashers go out line that?? And my high beams no longer work. I found the little cover over my blinker part where you turn then on was popped off and now when I go to pull it forward... it's like free moving. Nothing holding it kinda. And.. last thing... the column now seems loose. Ty. OMG almost forgot the dash light... kaput too just today.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would first start off by removing the bottom panels off the dash. Then unplug the connectors to the steering column and inspect them and plug them back in. The connectors are skinny and really wide.

On the brights. On the column there will be two steel rods. One goes from the ignition to the start switch and the other goes from the turn signal lever to the switch for the brights. The adjustment screw could of loosened and might need to be adjusted and retightened. Or the switch might need to be replaced.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Also I would inspect your turn signal flasher. It could be getting hot after flashing a couple times then seizing.

Quick Reply: 96 Z28 Blinkers Are Going Haywire And Other Lights Are Too.