Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Camaro 4th Gen Lead Designers

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro 4th Gen Lead Designers

For all the Camaro 4th gen enthusiasts out there, here's a summary of the key developers. If you have anyone to add to this list or additional details on what I have here, please contribute.

John Heinricy, Chief Engineer
Assumed Chief Engineer position of GM's F-platform engineering group on November 1, 1997. Was previously the Assistant Chief Engineer of Corvette from 1993-1997. Mr. Heinricy retired from GM in October 2008.

John Cafaro, Chief Exterior Designer of Chevrolet #3 Studio
During the time period when the 1993 Camaro was completed, Mr. Cafaro was responsible for its exterior design. Mr. Cafaro currently serves as a GM Director in exterior design.

Pat Furey, Chief Interior Designer of Chevrolet #2 Studio
During the time period when the 1993 Camaro was completed, Mr. Furey was responsible for its interior design. He also worked on the Corvette develop team during his 52 1/2 year career with GM.
Attached Thumbnails Camaro 4th Gen Lead Designers-jc2.jpg   Camaro 4th Gen Lead Designers-jf2.jpg  

Last edited by camaro346; 09-12-2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Met a guy in Christiana, TN last summer. His name was Jack Purcell and he was a retired GM employee who helped with the design of the body on these cars. He showed me his GM gold card which is supposed to get you into any secured door at GM. I also saw his old work photo I.D.. He said Lingenfelter had something to do with the 4th gen SS wing and that it is functional. Cool guy.

Quick Reply: Camaro 4th Gen Lead Designers