Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

98-02 no start no headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98-02 no start no headlights

Just did a swap from a 98 to 99-00 wiring inside an engine harness car fired up ran great but then it wouldn't start but headlights worked fixed it by key in a out of ignition lock worked for 2 weeks then I fixed my cluster an banged up the lock cylinder area getting it in an out an now it won't start at all everything I do
But this time the headlights don't work at all! I can hot wire it jump the starter with key forward but no head lights an if I unplug the vats passlock wire the security light flashes so that means the lock isn't bad? I also have full 99-00 wiring but I have the 98 colum an 98 bcm
Old 12-18-2015, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like maybe the locking cylinder isn't quite rolling forward enough to move the ignition switch to the start position. you can try to take the lock cylinder out then turn the ignition switch attached to the column's wiring harness with a screwdriver. if turning with a screwdriver turns the vehicle over, then your problem is with the lock cylinder. if it does not work, you have an ignition/wiring issue.

Quick Reply: 98-02 no start no headlights