Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

2000 Camaro SS #867 journey . . . 1st post is a damn novel

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 10:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

No leaks in the rear now that diff has the right amount of silicone and a gasket. And the rear of the car is on the ground after 3 months! All that's left at this moment is installing the power steering cooler after flushing the ATF out of the power steering box. Oh and charging the battery some to continue electrical testing. None of the new suspension has been installed yet as I'm waiting to buy sway bars, then I'll installl all the suspension. And still need to get rid of those hockey stripes.

Last edited by King Nothing; 07-24-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Before she went back on the ground I managed to get this secured this up

Still need to run the lines and cut the air dam to let it breathe, still need to flush the system also.
Here she is back on the ground for now, my DD went back into the shop so I may have to drive the Camaro for a few days. I've really missed driving her

I need a better picture but you get the idea lol I'm also very happy to have amber turn signals again.

Old 02-05-2017, 02:29 AM
TECH Veteran

It's going to start because of a ground issue lol I plan to start with the front of the car. The front passenger side market doesn't work unless I have it ground to the body, there is an issue somewhere with the factory ground but I don't have time to trace the wires right now. So as soon as I know I won't have to drive it for a while I'll start disassembling the front end to fix the wiring issue and clean it up. Then when that's done I need to remove the rear bumper and access the wiring for that and find the bad ground back there. I wish I could just by all new harnesses for the entire car lol
Old 02-08-2017, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have about 10 years and 80k miles on my pro kit springs, and can definitely tell you they are terrible now. The spring rates are pretty soft because they want the product to appeal to the masses who just slap springs on stock struts and shocks and call it a day.

The pro kit looks great, but the rear springs more than the front, cause you hell driving the car. Hitting the bump stops on the smallest pavement cracks makes you cringe.

I had a formula on BMR springs and Tokico shocks and it was a night and day difference.

Going from the eibach setup to a real spring will be a night and day difference.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
I have about 10 years and 80k miles on my pro kit springs, and can definitely tell you they are terrible now. The spring rates are pretty soft because they want the product to appeal to the masses who just slap springs on stock struts and shocks and call it a day.

The pro kit looks great, but the rear springs more than the front, cause you hell driving the car. Hitting the bump stops on the smallest pavement cracks makes you cringe.

I had a formula on BMR springs and Tokico shocks and it was a night and day difference.

Going from the eibach setup to a real spring will be a night and day difference.
Agreed! In 05 I had the Eibach ProKit on here and it looked great, but man it rode like **** . . . rode better than the Sportlines lol I finally drove the car yesterday and other than it loud because no exhaust after the cats, I was happy to drive her but the ride sucked as I haven't put any of the new suspension on yet, I need to order new bump stops since mine are almost gone. I'm surprised with the mileage on them that they are even there! I want to wait until I get sway bars and new front hubs (mine have 192k on them and could use replacement lol) I'm looking forward to when the suspension is all done. I was thinking of having a shop fab up true duals with Sweet Thunder resonators, but the company now sells a true dual kit which might be cheaper to go with. Only thing it doesn't come with is the tips and that no problem because I don't know if I'll go with CME or the Dual Exhaust Valence from 6LE like I did in 2010.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Made it to Cars and Coffee all I have for exhaust is a factory y pipe, so it's kinda loud for now

Old 02-16-2017, 01:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Thank you Summit

Last edited by King Nothing; 07-24-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

I'm confused did you get a bump stop in a cooler box?!

Crazy you got your own car back. I'd love to have my first Camaro back but it's gotta be in a junk yard by now.

Did you keep the 383?
Old 02-16-2017, 11:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
I'm confused did you get a bump stop in a cooler box?!

Crazy you got your own car back. I'd love to have my first Camaro back but it's gotta be in a junk yard by now.

Did you keep the 383?
Whoops lol I bought 2 bump stops and a new power steering cooler that's longer than the one I bought at Kragen. Since I kept in contact with the guy I always had hoped I could buy it back, I never thought it would happen!

My buddy has the 383 in his Camaro, honestly I won't have anything touched by CMS in my car. Their work is such ****, it's not even funny.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:57 AM
TECH Veteran

So after I got off work tonight, I started by jacking up the front of the car to install the larger cooler and decided to double check the lights since I did the wiring . . . forgot to connect the new ground wire for the side marker to the frame lol my harness has a ground issue and running a ground to the frame is easier right now instead of pulling the harness out. Had to run back to work to get my alternative lifestyle cutters so I could close the butt connector. Once I got back, right as I lay under the car to remove the smaller cooler and install the larger cooler . . . my GSD's start barking and I have to bring them in the garage to not wake my wife and daughter up. I could only get half of it secured before my dogs started getting restless, so I'll continue tomorrow or Friday and post pics of where I placed the cooler.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by King Nothing
So after I got off work tonight, I started by jacking up the front of the car to install the larger cooler and decided to double check the lights since I did the wiring . . . forgot to connect the new ground wire for the side marker to the frame lol my harness has a ground issue and running a ground to the frame is easier right now instead of pulling the harness out. Had to run back to work to get my alternative lifestyle cutters so I could close the butt connector. Once I got back, right as I lay under the car to remove the smaller cooler and install the larger cooler . . . my GSD's start barking and I have to bring them in the garage to not wake my wife and daughter up. I could only get half of it secured before my dogs started getting restless, so I'll continue tomorrow or Friday and post pics of where I placed the cooler.
priceless effing priceless
Old 02-23-2017, 11:16 AM
TECH Veteran

priceless effing priceless
I was wondering who would catch that lol
Old 02-23-2017, 02:12 PM
TECH Veteran

I cant call them by their real name at work either so as soon as I read it I chuckled....I just call mine bridget
Old 02-23-2017, 10:05 PM
TECH Veteran

I cant call them by their real name at work either so as soon as I read it I chuckled....I just call mine bridget
Hahahaha
Old 02-24-2017, 10:58 AM
TECH Veteran

just glad to see someone else understand the struggle
Old 02-24-2017, 04:58 PM
TECH Veteran

This might help

Both sides were worn bad. The rubber was catching bad with no pressure, makes me wonder how much they compressed. I'll drive the car tomorrow morning to feel the difference and also get the car to settle before I take measurements of before and after once I install the Strano Springs.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by King Nothing
This might help

Both sides were worn bad. The rubber was catching bad with no pressure, makes me wonder how much they compressed. I'll drive the car tomorrow morning to feel the difference and also get the car to settle before I take measurements of before and after once I install the Strano Springs.
Take off that bump stop spacer. Those spacers were only for the short SS/WS6 bumps stops (still don't understand why, as I ran that short stop with no spacer with no issues at all and it rode better).
You will gain suspension travel and the car will ride/handle better.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Take off that bump stop spacer. Those spacers were only for the short SS/WS6 bumps stops (still don't understand why, as I ran that short stop with no spacer with no issues at all and it rode better).
You will gain suspension travel and the car will ride/handle better.
Not only that but you can sell the spacers on eBay for $20. Ask me how I know lol.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:49 PM
TECH Veteran

I also ditched the smaller power steering cooler for this Derale model and mounted it in the middle rather than closer to the drive side.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just installed the smaller one you started with I believe. Did you run that unit? Have issues which made you decide to change?

Everything looks great man keep it up

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro SS #867 journey . . . 1st post is a damn novel