Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

B&M shift cable routing

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&M shift cable routing

I have a 2001 z28 and I'm trying to install my pro ratchet and I'm having trouble routing the cable. I don't have the ability to drop the trans and run the cable then put the trans back in. I just can't figure out how to route the 5ft cable. Seems like there's not enough room between the trans and the tunnel/floor to loop it, and even if I could loop it I would be looping it around the driveshaft instead of the tailshaft because if how far back the shifter sits in an f-body. I bought the 3ft cable maybe that will be easier but if anyone has one installed and has pictures of the cable coming up through the floor or the way it's routed under the car I would love to see them. I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks
Old 01-15-2017, 08:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's room between trans and tunnel. I have a 4L70 in a 68 Camaro. Sounds like you're putting the loop towards the tail shaft, just push the excess loop towards the engine and zip tie it. Keep the cable as straight as possible coming through the tunnel. The 3' cable still has to be looped? If it does you're creating a tighter bend and if this is a daily driver it will wear out sooner.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Google it, there's a PDF file on their website shows exactly how to route it, you definitely don't need to pull the trans....

Quick Reply: B&M shift cable routing