Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Interior lights flickering.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior lights flickering.

I have a 2002 Camaro and when I turn the car on and close the door the lights go out. Then when I put it in gear and step on the break the lights turn on then off a couple times.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do the lights come on stay on until the door is closed? How about the other door and rear lid? Do they operate the lights properly when opened independently of each other? Are the lights affected by moving the doors back and forth while opened? Might also check the IP Dimmer switch to verify it operates the lights as it should. The interior courtesy lights are controlled by the Body Control Module with inputs from the right and left door locks, IP Panel Dimmer Switch and the Rear Compartment Lid switch. If any of the conductors from these switches would be damaged and come into contact with a body ground, a path could be created to provide a ground input to the BCM telling it to energize the interior lights. Not sure why pushing the brake makes a difference. Try checking around the pedals for damage to any wires in the area.

I suppose there could also be problem internally in BCM causing this. Not really sure how you can check that though.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Interior Lights.pdf (119.3 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by peterpar; 02-19-2017 at 12:26 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 105 Likes on 93 Posts

Ground issue ?
Old 02-20-2017, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug G
Ground issue ?
Yes, possibly a loose connection in the ground or a connector. Really impossible to tell without having a hands on look at the car.

Quick Reply: Interior lights flickering.