Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Troubleshooting a few issues on new car

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubleshooting a few issues on new car

So I recently purchased a new car. 2000 camaro ls1 6 speed 95,000 long tubes stage 3 btr cam. Anyways it's got a few issues now and trying to pin point before i start installing parts hoping to fix. I try to give as much info as I can for the moment been sick with the flu so haven't looked into it but it's my dd so I want it running right. At first after about 15 mins of driving the car started jerking/missing or after I got on it a little bit now it's doing it as soon as I get in it. It does it also after I wash it or when it's raining. Now I'm thinking it's just spark plugs and wires I looked and the wires are msd wires figured they didn't come factory so thinking it may be another issue. I ran the codes and it had 5 4 was 02 sensor related and 1 was a misfire. I have to scan again to remember exactly what was misfiring cause I don't remember but I do know it was a mis fire I do know it needs a good tune. It's running rich and not idiling right guy told me it is "surging" but want to fix this before I get a tune. Any help is apprecited and I'll try to answer any questions i can. Thanks guys
Old 02-21-2017, 05:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Did you buy the car that way or did you mod it and it started doing this after you modded it?
If it hasn't been tuned after the LT headers and cam then that is your problem, with those mods you need a tune, that would be causing the error codes and making it surge.

Quick Reply: Troubleshooting a few issues on new car