4th gen camaro seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th gen camaro seats

Hello members,
so I just bought a 2001 camaro about a week ago,
it's a 3800 5speed coupe with power options.
runs amazing.
I had a 94 firebird I bought for a grand about 5 or 6 years ago, I kept it for a year, clean body but everything else was wore out, beat up or missing.
I found this gem with near perfect body , interior (black) and clean engine, And better gas milage than my f150 lol.
it does need new shocks/struts wich will be done within a week or two, and probably ball joints.
my two big issues/questions are of the seats and speakers (but that'll be another thread).
so the seats are cloth, look good but I think they feel like they've been used for the last 16 years.
it's gonna be my daily driver, getting ready to sell the truck.
I'm looking for some seats or options to restuff the seats?¿?. I know theirs a lot of info on seats but most threads are half as old as the car.
so I do like my seat adjustments, the power 6way.
that's about it. If I can keep those that'd be amazing.
I want something that's gonna be comfortable. I know it's a sports car, If I'm looking for comfort get a Cadillac lol.... I did trade the firebird for a 95 Buick park Avenue though, hahaha, a luxury boat with the same engine.
so can I keep the power adjustments, find a seat that has some support, I feel like this car used to have support 100,000+ plus miles ago. I've herd the firebird seats are a fair compromise, (I'm under 6ft)
I wouldn't mind some decent bucket seats. As long as their not tacky. I know it's not a fancy SS, but I still like the stock look, I'd like to keep it looking like it cane outta the factory not outta some fast and furiuse spin off.
I am a college kids, would like to keep budget around $300.
wich also brings up the thought of boneyard seats, or will the ones in the junkyard be just as bad.
any thoughts ideas or suggestions would be great. Like I said, I'd even be interested in restuff ingredients if they have foam cuts for sale that's reasonable doable

thanks guys
Old 03-10-2017, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Are you an English major?
Old 03-11-2017, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Electro mechanical engineer,
Descriptive writing is just a gift

Last edited by Nkamer12; 03-11-2017 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Nkamer12
Electro mechanical engineer,
Descriptive writing is just a gift
Descriptive writing is a blessing! It's no fun to try to read a very poorly written post.

Go with T/A seats or GTO seats, the GTO seats are very comfortable!!
Old 03-11-2017, 02:03 AM
Teching In

First off, thanks, i try to be cleare, to the point and detailed, ecspeccialy when im trying to find out specifics.
I seen the GTO seats put in, I like the idea and look, if I find some at a junkyard it'd be a cheap fix, IF.
Trans am seats wouldn't be bad either. If I can find a firm pair.
I read that GM seats are predominately bolted in on the tracks. Would it be as easy as just bolting the tracks onto the GTO seats, doing some tack welding and putting some covers on to hide the embroidering.
I've never done after market seats but am starting to consider some leather bucket seats. Would this be the same concept as bolt and tack,
Also, if GM is bolt in, would I be able to grab a pair out of a late 90s to early 20,s such as a 6 or 7 gen grand prix (not specifically interested in GP seats, but a common car to reference towards)
Also seen something about sunfire seats on some other posts,
one ugly A** car in my opinion, looks like a firebird hit a brick wall, they hammered the body out and sold it as a foot and a half shorter car. Exterior aside , it's a common-ish junkyard car and would be easier to find than a GTO (atleast from yard searches in my area (columbus OHIO))
Never known ne one who actually owned a sunfire so their seat comfort is just as mysterious to me as why ne one would want to buy one.
looking for a college budget fix with respectable results.
The only firebird at the pick n pull near me is a 91 that I've seen in their for the last 5+ years and has been striped down to a shell. Not to much left to salvage, that's why I was interested in the capatability or possibility of throwing in some other GM seats and doing a few bolts and maybe a quick weld.
If this is possible, would I just need some 17" seats (Havnt found specific measurements for the seats and have been busy so Havnt took the time to do a quick measure.)
I'm a college kid with a full time job, trying to keep up with home work and maintain a some what social life so my time seams to be half as limited as my budget.
If I could do the replace for 200ish that'd be great, a 100 would be amazing, hence the junkyard compatability inquires
Old 03-14-2017, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by King Nothing
Descriptive writing is a blessing! It's no fun to try to read a very poorly written post.

Go with T/A seats or GTO seats, the GTO seats are very comfortable!!
This GTO seat are the bomb. GEN4 Camaro seats leave a lot to be desired when you are trying to push the car through a turn.

Why not a good aftermarket seat. You can probably fine a few examples of supportive aftermarket seats for less than some nice condition factory seats. IDK for sure what Fbody seat generally go for but I've sold several Mudstain seats and people pay a lot for them.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I might switch out to T/A seats eventually so I can have matching rear seats . . . I'm **** about things not matching lol
Old 03-17-2017, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Z28RS
Are you an English major?
fml
Old 04-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try going to www.leathleinteriors.com they recover your original seats so you can keep your power adjustments and no mods to reinstall. They specialize in camaro seats. Their work looks great. When I recover mine that's where I'll go.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00ssSixspeed
Try going to www.leathleinteriors.com they recover your original seats so you can keep your power adjustments and no mods to reinstall. They specialize in camaro seats. Their work looks great. When I recover mine that's where I'll go.
x2 ill be doing the same

Quick Reply: 4th gen camaro seats