Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Question about my brother's car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about my brother's car...

My brother has a Bright Purple Metallic '98 Z28 convertible with a white top. It's seen MUCH better days, and my girlfriend and I are going to be doing a mini-restore of sorts on it in the next few months.

Anyway... I kind of figured the color was rare since I've never seen another one around here, so I looked at the production numbers. There were only 14 Z28 convertibles in Purple in '98, and only 212 out of 1790 verts had white tops. So if you average the numbers out, it looks like there could have been only 1 or 2 like this.

Is there any way to find out for sure? Right now Stevo wants us to put a black top on his car when we clean it up, but if it's a 1 of 1, I think we might just leave it white even though it's a pain in the *** to keep it clean.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Old 09-21-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmm, sounds pretty cool. I don't know of further break downs that would answer your question, but if it's a handful of build I'd keep it stock.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes..Do the restore..the PURPLE color is a rare car at that. I get alot of surprised people that enjoy the color...Manhattan Kansas "Home of the KSU Wildcats" college football team is 45 minutes from me...The team colors are Purple and White so when I go to cruise, everyone wants Katie, but as for now shes not for sale. I have a '95 TA Convertible..Hurst-equipped 6-speed. And I am trying to breakdown to see how many like "KATIE" were produced. Also, can I ask how you made the pic at the bottom of your post of your camaro? I am wanting to put Katies pic on here. Check out my "Katie goes Topless" PIC under the firebird posts for pics.

Thanks Jeffrey
Old 09-21-2005, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

I'd keep it stock with the white top. White tops and interiors are quite rare on 4th gens. I love the bright purple metallic. I saw one this summer for the first time. Now I just need to find one for sale. I like the older Hawiian Orchid purple but the bright purple metallic is even better.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:43 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toplessTA69
Also, can I ask how you made the pic at the bottom of your post of your camaro? I am wanting to put Katies pic on here.
Signature instructions are here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/signature-testing-design/356036-signature-faq.html

Quick Reply: Question about my brother's car...