Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

How many have outrun the cop....

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the cop camaros?
I assume you shouldn't run if you're stuck... what if you're modded?
You think the cop is going to have the ***** to chase you at 160?
Old 05-24-2015, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Default 02 SS vs. California Hwy Patrol Ford Explorer

Coming from San Francisco to the central valley I was in the carpool lane on the 580 going about 85. I was the only person in the car. Traffic was kind of heavy so I didn't notice till it was too late. Sure enough one of the new Chp Explorers was parked under a shady overpass on the right side of the road with the radar in the window. I noticed him right as I passed by. In my mind I said F it! I'm not getting a $500 carpool violation on top of another 5-$600 for the speeding! Hit the gas and took off as I saw him pull away and light up the red, white, and blues. Took it up to about 125, which in California I believe would mean an automatic imprisonment, car indefinitely impounded, liscense forfeited and about a $1,500 fine on top of court fees for wreckless endangerment! So as he begins to make his move over and down the left side of the freeway behind me, approximately 1/4 mile back by now I somehow get over through all the traffic that seemed as if it was going the speed limit or something, lol, and took an offramp into San Leandro praying to God that somehow he wasn't able to make the exit. Got to the bottom of the offramp to meet a red light. The brightest red light of my life. Heart pounding out of my chest I hit a right and jammed into a chevron and spontaneously into the carwash attached to it. Lost the heat while having the biggest adrenaline rush of my life! I might learn my lesson some day.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:52 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FunkyTownFBody
What about the cop camaros?
I assume you shouldn't run if you're stuck... what if you're modded?
You think the cop is going to have the ***** to chase you at 160?
They don't need to. They have helicopters if they really want to track you down. If they don't then they've decided that you weren't worth their time...
Old 05-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

About ten years ago I was cruising down the four lane running the speed limit. I had limo tint and too loud exhaust. I live in Virginia, so I had already received 2 tickets for those, plus a couple speeding tickets. A cop was coming the opposite direction. He hit the blue lights as he passed me and hit the median to come get me. I dropped it to third and never let up until I was about half a mile ahead of him (probably hit about 120-130). I hit the off ramp and headed on a back road I knew pretty well. I finally got out of sight and hid behind a store for about 10 minutes. Then took back roads home. I did remove the tint a little while after that.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by davidc212k
one night i decided to go and buy a drink at a gas station. i turned to left and was supposed to go 35 but i was going 50. i didnt notice a cop was behind me until he turned his light on. whenever i turned left to go inside the gas station he also turned left. so i got out of the car and went inside the storeand when i came out he was gone. i was so scared. pheewwww
Since this thread was brought back after 9 years, I am going to say **** it and comment on this post ^^^^ Here goes.....

pheewwww? Boy I'll say!
Old 06-02-2015, 08:15 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Since this thread was brought back after 9 years...
...and it's definitely better suited for the lounge at this point. We'll just lock it up and let it move to the archives of LS1tech history.

Quick Reply: How many have outrun the cop....