Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

who owned my car?...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who owned my car?...

I need help finding the original owner or at least the last owner who did all the modifications to my car. I bought the car from a respectable dealer who got it from an auction. The car came from Virginia (VA inspection). Its a 2000 pewter SS. Im going to list all of the things i found that were done to the car that i can see...

Cam...dont know what kind or size(main reason i am making this post) very choppy.
LS6 intake
blue anodized mass air ends
volant air intake
slp strut tower brace
Hurst "H" shift ****
SLP long tube headers/magnaflow catback
feels like it has an aftermarket clutch
subframe connectors
lowering springs
pioneer head unit

Now here are some flaws that will maybe help some one recognize it.
on the passenger side of the front bumper right under the marker light there is a small crack about 3 inches long.

Inside the car the flip around cup holder is broken off.

The bezel to hold the pioneer cd player was broken on the lower right side making it lean abit.

so if anyone recognizes it or if it sounds framiliar to anyone please contact me asap...I just want to know exactly what is done to the car so i know where im at to continue with it.

Barneycar91@hotmail.com
Aim...talonistic601
Old 02-04-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

its illegal for the DMV or dealer to give you info on previous owners. youve gotta hope the previous owner is on here. good luck.

i lucked out iwth mine, i emailed granatelli because of all of their products on my car and the owner wrote back and knows all about my car. i was impressed.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

carfax... it shows previous owners i believe... i'm not sure tho. it's been a while since i used it.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dkindle
carfax... it shows previous owners i believe... i'm not sure tho. it's been a while since i used it.
naa. carfax doesnt show names or addresses anymore. they used to. it only shows states that the car was serviced and registered in...does anyone know of any virginia fbody forums?
Old 02-04-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i think the old carfax had name/address but the new one dont.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fast01z28
its illegal for the DMV or dealer to give you info on previous owners. youve gotta hope the previous owner is on here. good luck.

i lucked out iwth mine, i emailed granatelli because of all of their products on my car and the owner wrote back and knows all about my car. i was impressed.

That might be true where you are, but here in Ky the law states dealers MUST provide previous owners contact info. Ron
Old 02-05-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You may want to hit up a dealer. Have them run a report on your car for any recall work, or warranty work that was done to it and MAYBE they can find the name of the person who first had it.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:11 AM
TECH Regular

no warranty or recalls were found on the car...says carfax anyway.
found out it was in an accident in Loudoun county va, registration was renewed in sterling va, and passed emmisions in herndon va. im the second owner. it also tells me the accident case # but i cant do anything with it because all of that **** is confidential. this sucks. im about to just tear the car apart and start over.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

you could get it dyno'd to see where it sits power wise. Or perhaps you could pull the valve covers and see if it has aftermarket valvetrain components. You could only assume it has an aftermarket cam in it if all that stuff is upgraded. Just my opinion. See what it runs @ the strip too!!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twokss
no warranty or recalls were found on the car...says carfax anyway.
found out it was in an accident in Loudoun county va, registration was renewed in sterling va, and passed emmisions in herndon va. im the second owner. it also tells me the accident case # but i cant do anything with it because all of that **** is confidential. this sucks. im about to just tear the car apart and start over.
I'm not talking about carfax. Chevy has their own internal database.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

ill look into it but that would still be releasing personal information, whether it was from carfax or chevy.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cabech984
you could get it dyno'd to see where it sits power wise. Or perhaps you could pull the valve covers and see if it has aftermarket valvetrain components. You could only assume it has an aftermarket cam in it if all that stuff is upgraded. Just my opinion. See what it runs @ the strip too!!
Definately has a cam, and im almost positive it has aftermarket valvetrain. i went from 4th in to second at redline accidently and nothing happened. that definatly would have f'd something up if it were all stock.

Quick Reply: who owned my car?...