Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Daily Driver help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daily Driver help!!!

ok, juss for the heads up im 16, do not under estimate me though, im not a lil ricer punk. i am the proud owner of a 79 corvette, dad bought if for me and helped me rebuild it, but besides the point, im debating on getting a fbody for a dd, preferaibly a ws6 T/A. Ive found on in paticular, a 02 6spd with 122k miles thas in my price range, wandering what all would need to be done, almost sure me and dad would yank the motor out and check the cylinders and maybe the heads have them cleaned up, maybe a fuel pump, just need a lil info on a fbody in paticular, know the basics on an ls1 and their reliablity but what about the car in general thanks guys in advance
Old 03-19-2008, 02:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wouldnt worry much about the motor unless the car has had nitrous on it. the main issues are with the rear ends and transmissions. be sure the rear end isnt making whining noises and the transmission shifts fine
Old 03-19-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would first do a compression and leak down test before pulling the engine. If it was taken care of the engine should be OK.

Good luck.
Bill

Quick Reply: Daily Driver help!!!