Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Looking for info on a 1998 1LE Camaro Z28

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for info on a 1998 1LE Camaro Z28

I have a uncle that bought a 1998 Z28 that is a LE1 limited edtion or something like that. Only like 99 were made in that year is what he was told. It was sighned by some guy I will have to find out the exact name. Its sound like a stripper Z28. Its a hardtop with no power windows and special shocks and some other things. How rare are these ? He bought it and it had only 12k on it. It has 17k now. How much $$$ are they worth ?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Note: The following applies to factory LS1 fbodies, not the later SLP cars with a suspension package they called 1LE.
The 1LE package was a factory autocross setup. It could be ordered on the base Z28 or base Formula LS1 cars in 98 or 99. It was only available in a stripper version. All 1LEs are strippers, but very few strippers are 1LEs. It will have the code "1LE" on the driver side door sticker if it's a real 1LE. The package has different springs, shocks, front stabilizer bar (not sure about the back), lower control arms, engine or trans mounts, etc. Basically a lot of real performance differences when it comes to handling.
It wasn't considered a limited edition, but there were a lot fewer of them than the later 35th Anniversary SSs with the limited edition package.
Not sure of the value now, but I suspect they will be one of the most collectable LS1Camaros in 20 years, if they are kept in collectable condition. That would involve (ugh) making it a garage queen and preserving it for possible future value. Right now, I suspect the car is undervalued.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ArrestMeRedZ
Note: The following applies to factory LS1 fbodies, not the later SLP cars with a suspension package they called 1LE.
The 1LE package was a factory autocross setup. It could be ordered on the base Z28 or base Formula LS1 cars in 98 or 99. It was only available in a stripper version. All 1LEs are strippers, but very few strippers are 1LEs. It will have the code "1LE" on the driver side door sticker if it's a real 1LE. The package has different springs, shocks, front stabilizer bar (not sure about the back), lower control arms, engine or trans mounts, etc. Basically a lot of real performance differences when it comes to handling.
It wasn't considered a limited edition, but there were a lot fewer of them than the later 35th Anniversary SSs with the limited edition package.
Not sure of the value now, but I suspect they will be one of the most collectable LS1Camaros in 20 years, if they are kept in collectable condition. That would involve (ugh) making it a garage queen and preserving it for possible future value. Right now, I suspect the car is undervalued.

I found on 1LE.NET that his which is silver there were only 9 made in 1998
Old 12-22-2015, 06:33 PM

I factory ordered a 98 1le in Sebring Silver, Typhoon audio. My brother was a Hughes employee at the time so I got it at employee pricing.
It had Koni double adjustable dampers at all 4 corners. PBR rear calipers. No fog lights and a power steering cooler. It dynoed at 292hp with a factory rating of 305.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Sounds like a great find. Its a hard decision whether to enjoy or preserve. I would try to do both*

Quick Reply: Looking for info on a 1998 1LE Camaro Z28