Chevrolet Performance LSX Challenge Series and LSX ShootoutChevrolet Performance LSX Challenge Series and LSX Shootout
• NMCA Florida - Bradenton Motorsports Park - Bradenton, FL - March 21-24, 2013
• Chevy High Performance Nationals - Atlanta Dragway - Commerce, GA - May 31-Jun 2 2013
• Holley LS Fest - Beech Bend Raceway - Bowling Green, KY - September 6-8 2013
• NMCA Indiana / LSX Shootout - Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis Raceway Park - Indianapolis, IN - October 10-13 2013
It's BACK........ Holley LS Fest. A celebration of LS-based performance, this event brings in the baddest LS-powered cars on the planet! This is your chance to see the baddest of the bad LS-powered drag cars AND the best handling and coolest LS-based Pro Touring G Machines at the SAME EVENT.
This event is the race #3 in the Chevy Performance LSX Challenge Series, and you can bet that all the hitters will be showing up trying to take home the win. Outlaw Drag Radial will have all the LS big dogs on the same track again, like veterans Mike Brown and Mark Koehler, but will also feature newer guys like Andy Essary who piloted his WS6 the Murder Bird to a WIN in Bradenton. But Mark Carlyle will be there too, he recently cranked off a blistering new ET of 7.22@209! Real Street will be back. Will it be Preston again or will Falcon or one of the other guys grab a win? All Motor is another exciting class with the Baskin Camaro turning up the game. Will it be Judson, Greg Delaney, Robert, Danny, Joe or the Lashleys taking this one? Shut Your Face returns. Brian Black wants this pretty bad, and the rules are the best ever, how will this class go down this year? 5th Gen Camaro will reportedly draw every big dog 5th gen out, we will see a few 5th gens in the 8's that weekend I think so!
Autocross. Such a simple word for such a cool class. Take some new ZL1's, throw in some older GM muscle sporting 18x12's + 600 horsepower naturally aspirated, and you start to get an idea of what this class is like. It's high tech badassery.
Drifting, yes there will be drifting. Even yours truly a diehard drag racer will profess that I watched the drifting and was quite impressed with the handling and skill involved. And judging by the mangled bumpers on a few of last entries you might see a few of these guys trade some point before the end of the weekend.
But wait. The Engine Swap Challenge. Ever seen a team swap an LS engine into a car in under an hour? You will at LS Fest.
Looking to buy some performance parts? The vendor's midway will be packed with all the big players active in LS performance, from Holley to GM. Scoggin Dickey will be there in force, and there will be a lot of enticing event-only specials that you might not be able to pass up.
Oh there's also an awesome car show.
Oh and usually some TV personalities filming coverage. Don't forget the 5-6 magazines that will have staffers out covering the event and shooting cars for articles (did you know that your odds of getting into your favorite magazines goes up like 1000% if you hit an event like this?).
Pre-register now and take advantage of the early rates!
So if the opportunity to see the quickest, best handling LS cars on the planet sounds interesting to you, SAVE THE DATES: September 7, 8, 9 at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green Kentucky - Less than 8 weeks away!!!!!!
I wanted to let know that we have an LS1Tech banner that was made at the Internet Brands office. I have attached a picture and it is 72”x20”. IB came up with the idea of having the banner act as a “mascot” in hopes of having it passed around to meet and events, having members of LS1Tech sign the banner and take pictures of it for the forum. I have included the overview, introduction and rules of the mascot.
““The LS1Tech Mascot is a tradition we are starting at the Holley LS Fest Meet in September, where we pass a special LS1Tech banner from meet to meet and member to member across the country in our LS1Tech. Upon each passing, the person passing off the Mascot would sign it signifying their contribution to the Mascot's journey and a picture taken of the pass-off. Afterwards the individual who carried it would then write their story of the drive and post it on the forum.
If you would like to get in on the tradition, here is how:
1. Sign up and become a member of LS1Tech Member. (It’s easy and free. all you need to do is create a login name and password and be active in our forums.
2. Check out the Mascot events to see when it will reach your area.
3. Post in the appropriate mascot region thread (Northern States, South East, North West post here, etc) your desire to carry, who you can coordinate with to pick it up, pass off, locations, and dates and times.
4. Drive and have fun.
5. Don't forget to take pics. We all love pics here.
6. And also don't forget to write your story with routes taken as well.
This post outlines the basic rules for carrying the Mascot.
1. The Mascot can only be carried and passed to registered members of LS1Tech.com
2. The Mascot can only be moved in an LS Powered vehicle.
3. All actual LS1Tech Members are eligible to sign the Mascot. One signature per LS1Tech Member is allowed on the Mascot
4. A photo or photos of the members involved in the drive should be submitted along with a story and route the Mascot moved. Please submit these stories to the "Travels Of The Mascot" thread.”
2013 Corvette Grand Sport A6 LME forged 416, Greg Good ported TFS 255 LS3 heads, 222/242 .629"/.604" 121LSA Cam Motion blower cam, ARH 1 7/8" headers, ESC Novi 1500 Supercharger w/8 rib direct drive conversion, 747rwhp/709rwtq on 93 octane, 801rwhp/735rwtq on race fuel, 10.1 @ 147.25mph 1/4 mile, 174.7mph at US Half Mile. 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L, A6, AFR 230v2 heads. 506rwhp/442rwtq. 11.413 @ 121.29mph 1/4 mile, 168.7mph Texas Mile 2000 Pewter Ram Air Trans Am M6 heads/cam 508 rwhp/445 rwtq SAE, 183.092 Texas Mile 2014 GMC Yukon Denali XL 6.2L Air Raid MIT, tuned. LS1,LS2,LS3,LS7,LT1 Custom Camshaft Specialist For custom camshaft help press here. Custom LSX tuning in person or via email presshere.
That is a great idea. I will look for the banner at the LS Holley Fest. When I find it, I will sign it and take a picture me with it.
Again, Awesome idea!!!
Built & Tuned by East Coast Supercharging| 2008 LSX Shootout Winner & True Street 11.00 Index Event Winner | 2009 Hot Rod Drags Quick 8 Runner Up, 2011,2012 & 2013 LSX Rumble World Champion #666 & EFI Rumble #11666.