Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More room with headers or stock manifolds?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More room with headers or stock manifolds?

I'm dropping a stock 99 Camaro engine and 6spd in a 66 Rambler American. Test fit shows very little if any clearance at the exhaust manifolds. Do any headers for these engines tuck in any closer than stock 99 Camaro manifolds. These cars are very similar to a first gen Nova. Does anyone make ls1 headers for early Novas? Thanks from a newbie.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I THINK I recall reading about some 1st-gen Nova swap headers, but since that wasn't relevant to my own swap, I don't remember for sure.

If you're not able to find a set that'll work, you might consider trying to find a set of headers that are made for the chassis (but for a different engine), cutting the cyl. head flange off & re-working the primary tubes to fit. That's what I'm doing since there's only one option for swap headers for my car, & I refuse to pay $800...

Anyway, good luck, it sounds like a real neat project!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree,the price of these custom headers such as BRP,Schoenfield,ect.. is friggin crazy,i bought a pair of second hand ceramic coated Pacesetters for 300 bucks on this board with 500 miles on them and look brand new,i will cut them and send them out for rewelding if necessary before i pay that much.