Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

michigan Lsx swappers? may need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default michigan Lsx swappers? may need help

I was just curious if there is anyone in the Lansing area who is a little more well versed then I, My buddy and I are both about to put our cars under the knife and swap lq4 motors, his car is a 90 f-body convertible and mine is a 90 corvette, both are automatics, we are both thinking 6.0 4l60e or 4l80e trans, I would prefer to put a t-56 in my car however the c-beam seems to be a pita with the 4l60e all I have to do is swap the 700r4 tail shaft on to the 4l60
either way I was just thinking if anyone around here has done anything like this we would appreciate any insight, I think the thing we are both most worried about is the harness situation, we both have digital dashes that get there signal from the current pcm so may have to do some fancy work
Old 10-16-2008, 09:16 AM
11 Second Club

I am from Grand Rapids but am currently serving an Air Force sentence in beautiful Clovis, NM. I am moving back to GR in May if you are still building I can help.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the off-chance that you guys haven't seen it, this link will likely be pretty helpful to you as well (the standard rules apply - read the sticky posts, & make frequent use of the search button...).

Good luck, post pics when you're able to!
Old 10-17-2008, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

well at my current rate I may still be in the process in 15 years, Im running into all kinds of problems like front end accessory drive, I need either f-body or corvette and can't find either for sale, oh and a t-56 thats not $3000 would be nice to find but I'll be pulling the old tuned port motor this weekend
Old 10-18-2008, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should look up "MIN301" on CarjunkieTV.com....He is in Lansing and is a guru at all things cars....he is always looking for work. Let him know that Seth sent you.

Seth

Quick Reply: michigan Lsx swappers? may need help