Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PS Hose question

Old 10-17-2008, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PS Hose question

I was letting my truck run the other day, and I was making sure everything was working, while I was turning thr steering wheel, I locked it all the way to the right and I felt something wet hit my face, and realized what happened. The hose burst, and I thought maybe my clamps gave way, but after further investigation I found the the actual hose ripped right in the middle of a section.

I do have high pressure PS hose, so I dont know why it did this. maybe it was the bend I have in it, but what would you guys reccomend me using that is stronger then the PS hose? Braided Fuel hose?
Old 10-17-2008, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If your going to use Stainless Steel Braided hose or any other hose, you need to makes sure it is rated for Power Steering pressures (2500+psi).. Fuel line/hose will not do..

For your breakage, if you had used a PS rated hose, I would just have to say it was defective and replace it and any other hose that came from the same batch. OEM rated rubber hoses should have been ok.

Russell markets a Stainless Steel Braided hose, fittings and adatpers. The Hose is Teflon Line and is rated for Power Steering pressures @ 2500psi. (other manufactors also market the equipement you will need). http://www.russellperformance.com/mc...steering.shtml
Old 10-17-2008, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bczee
If your going to use Stainless Steel Braided hose or any other hose, you need to makes sure it is rated for Power Steering pressures (2500+psi).. Fuel line/hose will not do..

For your breakage, if you had used a PS rated hose, I would just have to say it was defective and replace it and any other hose that came from the same batch. OEM rated rubber hoses should have been ok.

Russell markets a Stainless Steel Braided hose, fittings and adatpers. The Hose is Teflon Line and is rated for Power Steering pressures @ 2500psi. (other manufactors also market the equipement you will need). http://www.russellperformance.com/mc...steering.shtml
Yeah, it was PS rated hose. I thought it could of been from the bends in it, but I never thought of it being a defective peice. I think I will just order the hose you posted.

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2008, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Now Im going to have to find out what size the 4 fittings are on the hoses . lol
Old 10-17-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure what your car/truck is and what you have or trying to setup. But if you search on "Russell Power Steering", you will find some hit of mine and others for what we have setup. There some Russell part numbers also...
Old 10-17-2008, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bczee
Not sure what your car/truck is and what you have or trying to setup. But if you search on "Russell Power Steering", you will find some hit of mine and others for what we have setup. There some Russell part numbers also...
I did some searching, and Im still looking, but I am using the stock box off of my 91 S10, and a Corvette PS pump. I do know that the stock fittings did fit in the corvette pump though, which was surprising.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PS Hose question