Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incredible deal on Painless 60508 harness

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Incredible deal on Painless 60508 harness

Wanted to pass this along for all you guys doing LS1 swaps. Performance Automotive Warehouse has the Painless 60508 wiring harness for '99-02 F-body LS1 on sale right now for $550.95 (link). Cheapest price anywhere else I could find it was more than $200 more! On top of that, Painless offers a $50 rebate through the end of the year.

I just placed my order with Summit Racing for a couple reasons:

1. They beat PAW's price by $1 (whoop-dee-do), but more importantly...

2. I didn't want to deplete PAW's stock (sale limited to quantity in stock) in case anyone else wanted to get this price.

So for about $500 + handling, a full 1/3 or more off the regular price, I'm getting a brand-new harness and can forget about having my old one reworked. Hope this info helps someone else save some money!

Brent
Old 11-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For over $500 I'd at least want some loom or covering over my wires. That harness looks like somthing knocked out in a back yard garage.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

LOL yep Painless is a pretty shitty company. ROFL.
Go to the track.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

LOL! Yeah, everyone knows how bad Painless stuff is. $3.97 worth of plastic loom would make all the difference.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brossow
LOL! Yeah, everyone knows how bad Painless stuff is. $3.97 worth of plastic loom would make all the difference.
Actually if you use the good flame retardant polyethylene stuff, it's around $30 worth, if you buy it right. If they skimped on the covering, where else did they skimp? If I remember correctly, painless doesn't use the factory color scheme either, but I'm not sure about that. Plus why should I have to put covering on a harness? They should do it, when they make it. It would be like buying a car without paint
Old 11-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Not sure why I'm bothering replying to this uninformed crap, but here goes. From the Painless manual for this kit (same in other kits, though): "Most of the wiring in the harness has been pre-terminated to the proper connector and all wire has been GM color-coded."

And not only that, but the wire is also individually labelled — PRINTED RIGHT ON THE WIRE — as to function. I've got their full body harness for my truck sitting right here beside me, so for example, one wire has this printed along the entire length:

[IGNITION SWITCH SECTION] BATTERY B+

And as for the lack of loom and wrap, how the **** is Painless supposed to know where exactly you want to route the wires? Which ones you're going to need and which ones you're going to remove or ignore (e.g. AC or electronic tranny controls)? I'd much rather wrap my own wires once everything is at the proper length and positioned exactly where I want it to go rather than where some company thinks it should go. That's kinda the point of using an aftermarket harness. I already have two other factory harnesses sitting right here that I could have modified instead and saved a helluva lot of money, but I value my time and mental health, not to mention a clean appearance, and messing with a rat's nest of gooey factory wires isn't on my bucket list. Seems from your posts here you've never worked with custom wiring before, or any modified projects, for that matter. Just the impression you leave....

Bottom line: if you don't like it, don't buy it. Based on regular selling price, this is a helluva deal.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:07 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Painless is far from junk, it is just one of the great options out there for aftermarket harnesses......
Old 11-17-2008, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Ok.....I am kind of confused about this Harness. I am doing a LS1 transplant into a 3rd gen.

So is this harness used to connect the LS1 harness to the 82 Third gen harness ??

or what is it replacein ??
Old 11-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

It replaces the entire factory LS1 wiring harness for the engine and transmission -- every wire that comes out of the computer, in other words. You would connect necessary portions of it to the 3G harness just as you would splice in the factory harness.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You will need to hardwire the harness to your factory harness......Not a plug and play deal
Old 11-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Teching In

DITTO , on the Painless, I've wired 5 different cars, including my current 69 Camaro/ls1using a Painless Wiring harness,yep, you gotta wrap it, but I only referenced the instructions briefly, since it's labeled & color key-GM, they're that easy to use. Gee I had to cut off extra length, and have never had to add to, and they include most possible circuts. Wonder why all the knock-offs copy the Painless ? The termination from the Fuse blocks are quality & they fit the application !I can live with wrapping it, after I determine my routing,thanks for the POST on a good Deal, gotta like Summits Price match too
Old 11-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Well, looks like supplies have run out at PAW. Glad I ordered when I did! Hope others here were able to get in on this deal.

Brent

Quick Reply: Incredible deal on Painless 60508 harness