Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang ls swap and ac

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang ls swap and ac

Have any of you guys with a ls swap in a mustang found a way to keep you ac. The reason im asking is id like to keep the ac in my cobra(im in texas and the summer is unbearable without ac). Any info(parts list ect) and pics would be appriciated.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shangsta
Have any of you guys with a ls swap in a mustang found a way to keep you ac. The reason im asking is id like to keep the ac in my cobra(im in texas and the summer is unbearable without ac). Any info(parts list ect) and pics would be appriciated.

I'm doing a 99 GT w/a 6.0L turbo in it. I used the stock truck compressor and some street rod line conversion fittings to change to AN fittings. I haven't hooked up the ford side yet but the compressors work the same way so it's not a big deal. You should be able to use an F car set up as well same way. G
Old 11-23-2008, 06:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine works great.

I have a F body compressor, stock mustang condensor - liquid line - accumulator. I used a 4 cylinder accumulator w/o hose so it points forward towards the compresor (V8 accumulators point towards the brake booster). I cut off the factory crimps on the manifold hose and made a new hose to go from to the accumulator.

The tricky part was the discharge hose. i cut off a high side hose on a cavalier to get the high side service port AND the pressure switch for the PCM. I cut the end off that went to the condensor and had it welded to a fitting that went to the ford condensor. the crimp side of the cavalier hose i cut off and made a hose go down to the manifold.

one of the pics shows what type of hose i cut the end off of. The fitting i welded it to is from NAPA that went to the condensor with a 45 degree bend and had a barbed end i cut off.

Good luck and i hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Mustang ls swap and ac-ac5.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
ac1.bmp (81.1 KB, 224 views)
ac2.bmp (81.1 KB, 141 views)
ac4.bmp (81.1 KB, 143 views)
Old 11-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Thanks that was pretty helpfull
Old 08-15-2012, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old post, but curious if anyone else has done it? Info and/or pics would be great.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Going to attempt it with a front mount single turbo. Still trying to determine which manifold for the passenger side.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sarg
Going to attempt it with a front mount single turbo. Still trying to determine which manifold for the passenger side.
Keeping the AC?
Old 08-09-2021, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Im looking to do a swap into a newedge and trying to figure how to control it, i would love to know how you did it? im trying to retain factory controls is that even possible?

Quick Reply: Mustang ls swap and ac