Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transgo hd-2 shift kit. worth it??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transgo hd-2 shift kit. worth it??

i know this is the wrong forum for this, but i am used to the conversion and hybrid guys, so here goes.

i was told in order to make my 4l60e shift worth a crap i need to install this kit. i got my computer "tuned" with wait4me, it works but customer service is fairly unfriendly, and uneducated.

i called a sponsor tranny shop, he said install this shift kit and told me how to boost line pressure up to 220, said this would make all the difference in the world.

my jeep shifts like a slug, and i told Jesse @ wait4me to make it shift firm. Jesse is blaming the tranny, the tranny guy (who should want ot sell me a tranny) said mine sounded like it was fine, it just needs a shift kit.

all sound good? and experience with this shift kit.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You should try posting this in the transmission section on this site, you'll get more help over there.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

I asked the same question to a sponsor and he said "if the tranny is still in the car go with B&M if you have the transmission out go with the Transgo". I dont know why it would make a diffirence if it was in or out. Mabey one kit is hardder to install for a someone not fimilar with them????
Old 11-29-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

From what I've been reading, the Transgo has some parts to it that should be installed with the trans removed. Otherwise you can only install part of the kit. I'm assuming the B&M only replaces some simple/easy to access parts in the bottom of the trans. But yeah, I've read that to install the complete TransGo, you should remove the trans. You may get by just fine if you just install what you can get from the bottom[with the TransGo]. That's what a local mechanic did with my Ford truck a few years ago. It seemed to shift nice and firm/fast for years. Good luck with it.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

The transgo comes with some springs that are supposed to go in some clutch pack or something. I did the transgo but only all of the parts in the valve body. You should also get a corvette servo.

I put these things in my tranny and they are probably the things that have made the biggest difference in the way my car drives, in a good way.

1) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...3A1|240%3A1318

2) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CORVE...3A1|240%3A1318

I did it myself with help from the transgo instructions and I read

http://s-series.org/component/option...m,6/task,item/

and some other stuff that I thought came from ls1howto.com but I cant find it now.

It took me probably 8 hours on jackstands in my driveway, being really careful.

You should at least do the corvette servo. And idk if wait4me is a sponsor or not but either way I have it and am not happy with it. My buddy has a tune from Wheatley from performance trucks and his tune rocks but I guess he only does trucks. Does anyone know if there is anyone on here that will do something like what he does but for a Camaro?
Old 11-30-2008, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

a transgo kit like that should go into every 4l60e on the planet....they are crap without them

mine has the simple transgo kit and jesse bumped pressure and its perfect...not harsh and brutal but not sloppy, the way it should be

at WOT it will catch rubber on the 1-2 and sometimes try really hard to get a light chirp on the 2-3 too

we did my kit on the bench though, but could have been done in the car it would seem...only took a couple hours

Quick Reply: transgo hd-2 shift kit. worth it??