Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 LS2 Drive By Wire (DBW) on an 04 Esc LQ9 question???

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 LS2 Drive By Wire (DBW) on an 04 Esc LQ9 question???

Help please...

I am the unlucky sap that has an LQ9 out of an 04 Escalade, and is trying to put an 06 GTO intake and DBW throttle body on it, thinking there would be some common points between them. Unfortunately not, so I have a 6-pin LS2 DBW TB trying to mate to a 8-pin LQ9 motor harness, and haven't seemed to find any info on how to get them to talk well to each other? I'm pretty sure 6 of the 8 wires on the LQ9 harness will mate up to the 6 wires on the GTO throttle body; but which ones, and where do the other 2 wires need to go???

Does anyone have any ideas, or even the correct wiring diagrams so I could figure it out myself. I have looked a lot of digrams from motors that should be "very similar", but nothing seems to add up correctly?

So if anyone has done the conversion, and wouldn't mind sharing, or if there are some wiring diagrams for an 04 Escalade and 06 GTO scanned in, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,
Adrian
Old 12-02-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

I can't help you out on the wiring, but I'm curious what vehicle are you swapping the engine into? The LS2 intake isn't a very good intake; If you can fit it the truck intake is better. Although ugly, it is every bit as good as the LS6 intake.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

Call John at Speartech and he will get you lined out!

http://www.speartech.com/
Old 12-03-2008, 05:28 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dohcside
Help please...

I am the unlucky sap that has an LQ9 out of an 04 Escalade, and is trying to put an 06 GTO intake and DBW throttle body on it, thinking there would be some common points between them. Unfortunately not, so I have a 6-pin LS2 DBW TB trying to mate to a 8-pin LQ9 motor harness, and haven't seemed to find any info on how to get them to talk well to each other? I'm pretty sure 6 of the 8 wires on the LQ9 harness will mate up to the 6 wires on the GTO throttle body; but which ones, and where do the other 2 wires need to go???

Does anyone have any ideas, or even the correct wiring diagrams so I could figure it out myself. I have looked a lot of digrams from motors that should be "very similar", but nothing seems to add up correctly?

So if anyone has done the conversion, and wouldn't mind sharing, or if there are some wiring diagrams for an 04 Escalade and 06 GTO scanned in, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,
Adrian
Go to your local dealer and ask him to print out the pin out diagrams.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I think the 04 escalade requires a TAC module, while the 06 does not. Might be problematic.
I have an 02 escalade LQ9 that I swapped out an LS1 manifold and reused the LQ9 TB on it. Why not do that?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Lightbulb Update? - 06 LS2 Drive By Wire (DBW) on an 04 Esc LQ9 question???

Here is my update...

I forked up the piddily amount of money (~$40 for both) on AllDataDIY.com for the 2 diagrams in question, and I believe I have a working solution (although this motor is VERY FAR from running, so I have no way to really check...)

Here are the diagrams:

2004 Escalade Diagram

2006 GTO Diagram

And as far as I can tell, I need to connect the following to the following... =)

Escalade Wiring---------------------------------GTO Connector
Wire A/TAC Motor Ctrl 1 (Y)-------------------------Pin B (Yel)
Wire B and D/Low Ref (Blk/Wht & Blk)----------------Pin C (Brn/Wht)
Wire C/TAC Motor Ctrl 1 (Brn)-----------------------Pin A (Brn)
Wire D (tied to Wire B)------------------------------N/A-
Wire E and H/5V Signal (Blu/Blk & Gry)---------------Pin E (Blu/Blk)
Wire F/TPS 2 (Ppl)----------------------------------Pin F (Ppl)
Wire G/ TPS 1 (Drk Grn)-----------------------------Pin D (Grn)
Wire H (tied to Wire E)------------------------------N/A-

I might end up just not using the paired legs (Wire D and Wire H), or putting a diodes on the combined legs to prevent back voltage??? Anyone see one way as a better than another?

This is going into a '62 Chevy II convertible, and hood clearance is a little bit of an issue, but not the main reason for going to the LS2 intake. My reasons for doing the LS2 intake over the LQ9 or LS6: It was a great deal, it looks sick, and it has a 90mm TB. Probably not the best reasons, but I'm sticking to it =)

If anyone knows if this will or won't work as I have it listed, I would love the input.

Thanks,
A
Old 12-03-2008, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

I used to have the connector for the swap I bought from speartech but lost it somewhere in my garage! Maybe the pics will help.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Teching In

GMC Hammer,

I think those pictures will be enough for me to make the connections I need. I don't have the LQ9 connector in front of me, so I don't know if my info above is right or not, but I will confirm as soon as I can.

Thanks for the post!

Adrian
Old 06-24-2020, 01:24 AM

Default So did it work I'm stuck on the same bs

Originally Posted by dohcside
GMC Hammer,

I think those pictures will be enough for me to make the connections I need. I don't have the LQ9 connector in front of me, so I don't know if my info above is right or not, but I will confirm as soon as I
Thanks for the post!

Adrian
So did it work I'm stuck on the same bs
Old 06-24-2020, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,021 Likes on 2,352 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon Peterson
So did it work I'm stuck on the same bs
Neither GMCHammer or dohcside have been here for over 10 years. Check post dates.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:16 PM

Default Ya

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Neither GMCHammer or dohcside have been here for over 10 years. Check post dates.

Ya ik I was hoping he still has his account and would get notifications. Because I'm putting a 6pin aftermarket 102mm tb and manifold on a lq9 06 Silverado vortex max and it's an 8pin and I really don't wanna buy that $200 harness to get it tear it open an see they put a resistor in between or something stupid and simple

Quick Reply: 06 LS2 Drive By Wire (DBW) on an 04 Esc LQ9 question???