Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me figure out the last few wires!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me figure out the last few wires!

I have most of my harness figured out except for a few wires which I don't know if and how I should wire. Here goes:
1. P-N Position signal (L Green wire).
2. P-N Start Sw signal (Dk Green)
3. Crank Voltage (Purple). I assume to the Start position in old harness....correct??
4. AC supply Voltage (Dk Green). I'm not sure. To the switch and then relay, or simply to the relay?
Sometimes it takes looking over and over, but when I get it I'm good....help me get it!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

What kind of Harness, and what kind of Car? Pics would help better..
Old 12-07-2008, 06:50 AM
Launching!

2006 Truck Harness 5.3 4L60E. How would pics help?
Old 12-07-2008, 06:59 AM
11 Second Club

What Connectors the Wires were in..
Old 12-07-2008, 07:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fast400
I have most of my harness figured out except for a few wires which I don't know if and how I should wire. Here goes:
3. Crank Voltage (Purple). I assume to the Start position in old harness....correct??
4. AC supply Voltage (Dk Green). I'm not sure. To the switch and then relay, or simply to the relay?
Sometimes it takes looking over and over, but when I get it I'm good....help me get it!
What kind of vehicle is it going into? Some vehicles (car in my sig) have the wire for the starter (your purple wire) run seperate from the engine harness, so they aren't needed.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Launching!

69 Firebird; all three connectors are already off of the harness
Old 12-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Merv,
You guys still using internet in the rec tent? I was there two years ago...one of the few places I've been where AF living(tenting) was much worse than Army living!
Old 12-07-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I assume that these wires are on your car already and not part of the 5.3L harness...?

Not sure what to do about #1 and #2.. cause I didn't really modify them in my swap and left them alone under the dash. I had a column shifted Auto. .so as long as the shifter is left in place the the Ign switch would power the crank term to turn over the engine.

But for #3.. both the old car harness and the new engine Harness most likely have them. You can splice them together to crank the engine over. The Ign switch when turned to the start/crank position will become hot and power sent to the solenoid via the purple wire.
I removed it from the LS1 engine harness, and just rewired my Chevelle one from the old car harness to the starter, and when I turned the Ign switch to the start position, the engine should crank.

For #4, you have two ways to go... 1) use the PCM/BCM and 5.3L harness to activate and control the AC and therefore, the old wire is not needed or
2) use the old car control to activate the AC (I am using the stock Chevelle control and system, with only the LS1 compressor being swapped in place for the old compressor) by wiring the old dr green wire to the compressor, you can use a relay and/or fuse inline if you want.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

Merv,
You guys still using internet in the rec tent? I was there two years ago...one of the few places I've been where AF living(tenting) was much worse than Army living!
It's better here, trust me..

Still not as good as home though..
Old 12-07-2008, 11:52 AM
11 Second Club

If the Park/Reverse/Neutral/Drive switch has been removed from the trans and computer you can eliminate the p-n wires.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Launching!

Thanks Ryan. That's one thing I was wondering about. I may pull it out of the ECM. If I do decide to use the P-N switch where would the P-N position wire and P-N start signal wire be wired?
Old 12-08-2008, 12:49 AM
Launching!

bczee. Thanks. Good info. The purple wire I'm talking about is the second 18g purple wire from PCM connector C2 (crank signal), not the thicker purple one which goes to the solenoid.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

Don't qoute this but I'm pretty sure its completey unless for swaps, it is for the body control module to tell the instruments what gear its in and for the computer to make adjustments for P-N idle trims. I deleted mine and I know most people do as well. HP tuners can go in and eliminate the PRND switch with one simple click.

Quick Reply: Help me figure out the last few wires!