Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a scanner for my mod, which is decent/cheap/godd etc....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a scanner for my mod, which is decent/cheap/godd etc....

Finally got everything hooked up on my 66 Nova. Maf, O2 sensors, IAT etc...... I disconnected the battery for a 1/2 hour or so and reconnected it and fired her up and let it idle for about 20 minutes to see if the PCM needs to learn the engine. I am getting engine codes, by digital dash display, so I don't know what they are yet, but know I have them. So I need a scanner to find out. What are some decent scanners that are out there that aren't over priced but provide nice and easy functions.

As it stands now, throttle response of idle sucks, but once its off idle its great. If I unplug the MAF, throttle repsonse off idle is great. If I put it in gear, and take it off idle, loading the trans a bit, let off, it falls on its face and dies. The MAF is a used amf that was ported and descreened, used of ebay, so might be good, might not be. Also my alternator is dead, but I maintained 11.8 volts the entire time, is that enough power for these cars?
Old 12-12-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you have the codes it is a simple matter to google a sheet describing what they mean.

I have a $40 code reader from Harbor Freight that I use to pull codes and look them up on the internet.