Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleveland Pick-A-Part warranty kicks ass

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 93 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Cleveland Pick-A-Part warranty kicks ***

i bought an 02 Camaro ls1/t56 pullout from these guys 6 months ago and 2 months later swapped it into my 1992 240sx coupe. well shortly after i got it running i noticed that it started ticking after driving it for 15-20 minutes. It would not start ticking unless it was driven above 1500 rpm for extended periods so it was not noticed at first. I called Cleveland pap and talked to Dave who was very helpful and recommended i try an oil additive that would quiet down my lifters, i put it in it helped a little bit but didnt fix the problem.

About 5 weeks after i originally called them, they flew their mechanic out tools and all to florida, put him in a hotel, and right now hes in my carport swapping out my lifters under warranty......... I think this is a step above great customer service and i would like to recommend these guys to anyone looking to do an engine swap. the extra money you pay up front will save you a hell of a headache and is totally worth it for peace of mind.

THANK YOU CLEVELAND PAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow now that is some service there. That seems to be unheard of today. Customer service seems to be a thing of the past unfortunately.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW that is great cust service
Old 12-18-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Regular

Holy cow they actually flew someone out there? Thats cool. Hope it works out alright.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:59 AM
9 Second Club

wow that is unreal. in fact almost unheard of. good luck hopefully it all works out for ya
Old 12-18-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

it's only unheard of because of all these companies going after sales by pricing the parts or service extremely low screw themselves when they can't afford to service their customers after the sale. Remember the old saying "you get what you pay for" goes beyond the initial purchase price.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

now that's something you dont hear much of nowadays, people backing their products..good job CPAP
Old 12-18-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, free trip to Florida for the tech. Merry Christmas!

Where would you rather be during winter. Ohio or Florida?

That's cool.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

I got my 2004 gto pull out from these guys, it's now in the UK i wonder if......................................?
Old 12-18-2008, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

Free trip to England?
Old 12-18-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol i dunno about flying to england but they will make good on their warranty thats for sure. he just finished up literally 20 mins ago, it runs great and no problems at all. oh and another thing i took pics of my engine with 80,000 miles and it honestly looks like a 20,000 mile engine or less. its ridiculously clean and the tech was very surprised with it.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought a used aluminum LS1 driveshaft from them a couple months back, they shipped it quickly and it was straight and true, just as promised.

Hard to believe they flew a tech out to work on your motor though, thats some customer service!!
Old 12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Same experience, on a much lesser scale. Multiple emails and my problems were solved.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 167 Likes on 97 Posts

I bought a LS 2 Engine / Trans from them.........Couldn't have been any smoother with Excellent Crating and Shipping............

Ken
Old 12-18-2008, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats awesome... unheard of....

they should get some kind of award or something.. hahahahaha
Old 12-18-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

ya dave kicked *** and my motor runs great now.

here are the pictures of my 83,000 mile ls1, i didnt clean anything just took off the head and took the pics.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:06 PM
12 Second Club

i bought the ls1/a4 for my truck from them. later i needed a data link. i called them and they sent me the whole body harness for practically nothing. they are great!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Teching In

umm wow... I really dont know what to say to this. This is an amazing example of what is missing in modern business.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Teching In

Wow, that is some great service.

The pick a part here in Indy is always helpful too. Most the time when I just grab something small they never even charge me. Lately if I don't find anything in the yard they have given me my admission back.

A great concept that will eventually put the hilljack yards where everyone is a jerk out of business.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Thank you very much for the compliments, that's the best thing we could ever ask for from our customers and sharing it with the others on the LS1Tech Community and having even more response from other satisfied customers is just absolutely phenomenal.

That was the first engine problem we have had on one of our packages in a VERY long time. It comes to show we are honest when we warranty our engines, it’s not just another selling point or advertisement to juice up a product we are offering. Also, our word isn’t just good for engines and expensive packages, we back our name and will stand behind anything.

We have been around in this industry for many years and keeping a relationship with our customers as well as spreading the word that we are a great company to buy from is something we keep persistent with everyday.
Most people don’t know because of the location we have to post our items in (Sponsor Sales and Specials) but we are actually now a sponsor on the LS1Tech forums and we are offering all of our used parts, engines, vehicles, to everyone!

Unfortunately the Moderators and Administrators of LS1Tech will not let us list our parts and what not in the Parts Classifieds sections so many people are not seeing us. Actually there’s NO response so far in the Sponsor Sales and Specials section, however when we first started in the Parts Classifieds before straightening out the details and not being allowed to post in there we sold 4 dropout packages in 4 days! We don’t only want to post in there because the sales are higher, we simply feel we offer something no other Sponsor can. What we offer is exactly what most LS1tech users are looking for so we feel we would help out the community greatly and we should not be put in a category as a "vendor".
With enough support and referrals from all of our happy customers and recommendations from LS1tech maybe you all could help us out with getting our products into the parts classifieds. After all that’s what they should be classified as.

For now all of you who are curious what exactly we offer and haven’t dealt with us before, or are a repeat customer and in the market for more check out our current ad in the Sponsor Sales and Specials forum or take a look at our eBay store!

For the most up to date and fastest response send me a PM with your parts request or just call us at 866-236-5031 my name is Tom.

Our thread on here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...verything.html

Our eBay store (1400+ Items):
http://stores.ebay.com/Cleveland-Pic...rt?refid=store

-Tom G
Cleveland Pick-A-Part

Quick Reply: Cleveland Pick-A-Part warranty kicks ass