Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine build

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Engine build

Well here is what I got and the predicament im in. back in June I bought a 1968 camaro, good car, 350 from summit racing and a M-21 4 speed in it. its a great car but im doing body work all winter on it, lets just say there was more to the car then what meet my eyes. well with this winding down im getting on to thinking about what I want to do with the power train. I do not have the money to **** around with an LS motor, I am stuck with the small block 4 bolt main for now. it has an Edelbrock performer intake on it and summit racing all aluminum heads on it. they are 54cc i believe ide have to check again but there nothing like a set of Trick flows or AFR heads, there just basic. also has a holly 650 on it. this motor is roller NOTHING so that needs to be changed. what im thinking is a 383 or 400 SBC. my goal is 500 at least at the back tire and yes I know every one says this but I am hell bent for it. I have had an array of cars and I have always wanted a car that puts down 500 at the wheels. I want to avoid boosting it in any way b/c that's not really what im looking for in this car. I am open minded to Nitrous but I don't want the motor to rely on it to make power. What I mean is I would only like it there for when someone is just a bit faster then me and i need that little extra kick. I would like to know what everyone thinks or is doing and if anyone has made real big horse power like im looking for with a set up like im talking about. also what people are using to get there such as Dual Quads or single? trickflow or AFR? 383 or 400? Ide like ALL IMPUT on this matter.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:45 PM
12 Second Club

imo, by the time you sell the motor/trans you could probably afford an ls setup.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:27 PM

Yeah I have them listed online for sale but i havent had any bites yet
Old 12-25-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Regular

Nice looking car, I like how clean the engine bay is

Quick Reply: Engine build